turkey choke tubes with what loads?

Johnny.O

Im using a Trulock .665 turkey choke (non ported) with Federal Prem. (Mag-Shok) FliteControl Wad #5 this is a HV (1300fps) 3.5" load. I have taken two spring gobblers in MD with this load. It works great for me under 50yds with my SuperNova. Federal suggest using nothing tighter than a .665 with the FliteControl Wad loads.

I use the TRUGLO GOBBLESTOPPER .665 with 3.5" HEVI-13 #4, vented. Dropped a jake opening day in Southern Ontario and a tom on the followig Monday. Very tight and absolutely deadly. I have a box of Federal Premium with the Flightcontrol Wad, 3" #6's as well but haven't needed them. They do pattern very well though.

i have an undertaker choke tube.. its nasty with federal flightcontrol! 4shot patterns the best for me.. but ALL guns are different. I used to ask the same questions.... but its all trial an error! i would try an INDIAN CREEK BLACK DIAMOND.. everyone goes nuts over it.. i just dont have the money for it right now.. im gunna try it and some HEVI-13.. but im guna take some time to work on my patterning since turkey season has come to an end.!

Guest andrew_19000

I have a Youth Ranger 1300 with 20" barrel. I purchased a Carlson .660" turkey tube for it from Cabelas. It works great with Fed 12 ga 2 3/4" turkey loads with 1.5 oz of #6 shot. Federal no longer makes those loads. I have no idea how it would perform with a longer barrel, different load, or even attached to a different gun.