New Friend for my M4 to Hang with....

M4JOHN

Very Nice John!!!!

I'm jealous!.......The REPR is on my list but I still haven't got a chance to fondle one in person and I've been getting too distracted with my M1As lately. I'll be looking forward to more pics and a range report if you have a chance. Any thoughts on optics yet?

Later,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

10 days??! But, I'm angry now!

Hookster,

Look into the LaRue OBR. Nicest 308 platform I handled at the SHOT Show. I'm not a LaRue fanboy. Of all of them, it felt the lightest. The LMT MRP 308 was a heavy boat anchor, and it was stripped on display.

The action of the OBR was perfect. It felt like it operated on ball bearings. Plus, guys are dinging plates at a mile with them!

How are you guys buying these evil rifles in California? Do you have to use that tool detach mag release?

Hookster,

Look into the LaRue OBR. Nicest 308 platform I handled at the SHOT Show. I'm not a LaRue fanboy. Of all of them, it felt the lightest. The LMT MRP 308 was a heavy boat anchor, and it was stripped on display.

The action of the OBR was perfect. It felt like it operated on ball bearings. Plus, guys are dinging plates at a mile with them!

How are you guys buying these evil rifles in California? Do you have to use that tool detach mag release?

Hey SD,

The OBR is on the list too, I've been hitting all the gunshows lately hoping to come across the REPE, OBR and LMT so I can handle a them and see what I think but haven't had any luck thus far on that front (not that I haven't been finding other stuff to buy :rolleyes:)

As far as CA legality, Yup.... They need to have a "bullet button" type set up or non-detachable mag :(

That's one good thing about M1As. They get around that law since they don't have a pistol grip stock, "evil features" etc

Later,

Hookster

Edited by Hookster

Hookster,

LOL....

Stranger Danger... all that is required for changing out the mag release is a small flat blade screw driver... Its a 15 second operation!

I looked at the leRue and I kept coming back to LWRC... But they are both top notch stuff!

Hey SD,

The OBR is on the list too, I've been hitting all the gunshows lately hoping to come across the REPE, OBR and LMT so I can handle a them and see what I think but haven't had any luck thus far on that front (not that I haven't been finding other stuff to buy :rolleyes:)

As far as CA legality, Yup.... They need to have a "bullet button" type set up or non-detachable mag :(

That's one good thing about M1As. They get around that law since they don't have a pistol grip stock, "evil features" etc

Later,

Hookster

Hey Hookie, I was actually thinking of putting a Monster man on this to get around that "evil feature"... not that its hard to swap out grips... might be handy to have laying around... for the other M4's I have.....hmmmm

Looks like a keeper, but I think I'll see what a SCAR 17 will go for when it comes out. LWRC seems to be getting better and better every year with their offerings.

Oh, yea that SCAR is sweet.... read about it in one of the latest issues of the Rifleman magazine.... FN makes some good stuff!