Benelli Nova Advice!

Carlos2091

I bought a Benelli Nova 28 in barrel matte black finish. I've used it for bird hunting small game and for shooting skeets. So far it has been an excellent gun I really love my Benelli!

I have two issues though:

This coming winter I plan on hunting some hog out on my ranch. There's these wild hog I've been wanting to drop with my shotgun. I know its possible but would it be a good choice (just change it up) and hunt some hog with my nova maybe using some double ot buckt shot00?

And two what can I do to prevent from forming on the outside of my barrel? its like this light rust that wipes off with a rag but i dont like that it forms on their. What can I do?

I bought a Benelli Nova 28 in barrel matte black finish. I've used it for bird hunting small game and for shooting skeets. So far it has been an excellent gun I really love my Benelli!

I have two issues though:

This coming winter I plan on hunting some hog out on my ranch. There's these wild hog I've been wanting to drop with my shotgun. I know its possible but would it be a good choice (just change it up) and hunt some hog with my nova maybe using some double ot buckt shot00?

And two what can I do to prevent from forming on the outside of my barrel? its like this light rust that wipes off with a rag but i dont like that it forms on their. What can I do?

Wipe it with breakfree CLP.

How big are the hogs?

How far will the shot be?

...This coming winter I plan on hunting some hog out on my ranch. There's these wild hog I've been wanting to drop with my shotgun. I know its possible but would it be a good choice (just change it up) and hunt some hog with my nova maybe using some double ot buckt shot00?

Are you thinking 3" or 3.5" shells? Also, how about slug rounds?

Yea Break Free is great stuff I use it to clean the gun I thought some gun oil would work best but ill try break free...Light coat of break free? What else would you recommend(products equipment) for cleaning the shot gun?

Umm honestly these hogs are anywhere from 50-150 lbs. They're these beautiful black wild hogs(not Javelinas) down here in Texas. Well Benelli is pretty effective it has some damn good range....I can get as close as 30-40 yards, and it can still hit at 50-70 yrd for sure maybe a bit more.

By the way, I don't use a rifled barrel or scope on my Nova. It's completely stock. 28 in. 12 gauge with the turkey glow sight it comes with.

Im thinking 3.5" shells. Ummm slug rounds? Would they be a better choice than OO buck shots? I've seen sabot slug but it says on the manual those arent recommended, what other slugs would work?

I've never tried sabot/slugs through my Nova. I did learn that there's quite a bit of kick with 3 1/2" shells (Kent Fasteel BB 1625 fps). I installed a limbsaver recoil pad that really took care of the kick issue.