BigHat has not made any friends yet

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

That's what it said on his profile. I wept a little. Laughin so hard I guess. Wish I could delete this..... NAH ! He needs a purpose too.:D

Edited by cleefurd

That's what it said on his profile. I wept a little. Laughin so hard I guess. Wish I could delete this..... NAH ! He needs a purpose too.:D

Cleefurd don't you have any tubes/rails/bolt handles/muzzle brakes/etc that you could be making? Looking at the other threads here you should barely have enough time to eat and sleep let alone dork around on bighats profile...

Lets see if anyone has seen this

South-Park-Facebook.jpg

Wasn't my favorite episode, however like all South Park it was decently funny.

Cleefurd don't you have any tubes/rails/bolt handles/muzzle brakes/etc that you could be making? Looking at the other threads here you should barely have enough time to eat and sleep let alone dork around on bighats profile...

YEAH!! now where's that grenade launcher for my m1014 you said you were gonna build for me?? :D

I think your time would be better spent thinking up more excuses about why you never meet a deadline or, better yet, actually meeting a deadline. But feel free to play around all you want.

Surprised to see this though, I guess the truth must be eating at you a tad. Thought your request might be an "olive branch", but no, just more childish BS. ANOTHER alcohol related event Gunny?

Edited by BigHat

I think your time would be better spent thinking up more excuses about why you never meet a deadline or, better yet, actually meeting a deadline. But feel free to play around all you want.

Surprised to see this though, I guess the truth must be eating at you a tad. Thought your request might be an "olive branch", but no, just more childish BS. ANOTHER alcohol related event Gunny?

Lets take a look at "Kip", shall we?

He emerged on this forum a few years ago. I rememer it vividly. I called him out on his outlandish claims of titanium this and that. Over time, he proved capable of producing parts from "exotic" materials that were held to aerospace tolerances. But what did it do for him? What has Kip gained?

He has sold some tubes on gunbroker, sure. He is going to be selling rails--less than 100 in this batch if I understand. He is going to be selling bolt-handles--a few, not a ton.

His Ti tubes aren't priced at much over cost, and they do take time. FFT makes a comparable product (from what I read) but it is about $70 more. I highly doubt they are making $100 a tube, and that means Kip is making less than $20-40 a tube, assuming they make @ $100 a tube.

While he has been on this forum, Kip has talked long about the equipment he has and uses and buys. He bought a special machine to allow him to digitally control the temperature that he is heat-treating the A2 tangs for these bolts at.

Less than 100 bolts as I understand, and yet he bought a multi-thousand dollar piece of equipment just for it?

Wake up. Get a clue.

If Kip has this kind of money to burn on "little projects", he sure as **** wouldn't have had it for long.

When Kip got here, he alluded to government contracts, etc. I figured "BS, he makes a door-stop or a rubber grommet that keeps the latrine lid from slamming too loud and sold the patent."

Well now I am not so sure. Kip has produced a very small volume of parts, at VERY modest prices, at VERY VERY high quality.

Could it be that you all have it backward and this is Kip's pass-time/a favor to us (I mean, he makes darn near anything we ask him to if enough of us ask him. Regardless of thought to profit. ****, Duggan and I complained loudly enough that he has spent tonnes of time/money on pic rails).

No, I highly doubt Kip is dedicated to only producing niche market parts for a niche market shotgun that is requested by niche forum members. While I don't have any confirmation of this, I am willing to bet that Kip is busy making things for people who go to bad places and endure bad things and we are just getting his spare time. That is why he charges so little, only accepts payment right before shipping, and basically gives us anything we want with regard to the products he produces. This aspect of his business is a labor of love, so to speak.

We have a guy who is dedicating time and resources that he doesn't have to to something we enjoy. Lets STFU, thank him, and pay our money and wait our turn. The boys across the pond need his stuff more than the boys in the back yard. You of all people should agree with that, given your glowing service-record and all that time you spent out there with Charlie, right Bighat?

Again, I don't have any confirmation of this, but if you put 2 and 2 togather, it sure makes a helluva lot more sense than Kip making his sole income off of less than probably 500 items produced and sold at near-cost and buying multi-thousand dollar equipment to make a few dozen more, given his military connections and how many people in the industry he knows. Wake up and do the math.

Just my .02

[quote=Unobtanium;

We have a guy who is dedicating time and resources that he doesn't have to to something we enjoy. Lets STFU, thank him, and pay our money and wait our turn. The boys across the pond need his stuff more than the boys in the back yard. You of all people should agree with that, given your glowing service-record and all that time you spent out there with Charlie, right Bighat?

Just my .02

Well, I'm a weird one I guess for not having any "friends" on the site. Couldn't be the guy reading my public profile on a shotgun info site at almost three in the morning?

As far as STFU, I doubt I'd have been around here this week at all if it hadn't been prompted by emails to check PMs, let alone making disparaging remarks toward anyone.

Great if he's doing work for the gov't etc and not just another excuse from his long list. Last I checked by the way, there's nothing one needs to conceal about being a government contractor. If I cared (I don't) it's public record if true. So Un, if you're so close to him, just ask him. By the way, he's told me as much in a PM.

Last I left it, I said let's see what happens on the rails etc. So let's just see what happens. As I have said at least ten times here, I hope he gets his sh*t together.

Thanks to those that offered to sincerely "befriend" me, but as I have conveyed in PMs to you, I think we can act as friends w/o the silly web site connections.

Well, I'm a weird one I guess for not having any "friends" on the site. Couldn't be the guy reading my public profile on a shotgun info site at almost three in the morning?

As far as STFU, I doubt I'd have been around here this week at all if it hadn't been prompted by emails to check PMs, let alone making disparaging remarks toward anyone.

Great if he's doing work for the gov't etc and not just another excuse from his long list. Last I checked by the way, there's nothing one needs to conceal about being a government contractor. If I cared (I don't) it's public record if true. So Un, if you're so close to him, just ask him. By the way, he's told me as much in a PM.

Last I left it, I said let's see what happens on the rails etc. So let's just see what happens. As I have said at least ten times here, I hope he gets his sh*t together.

Thanks to those that offered to sincerely "befriend" me, but as I have conveyed in PMs to you, I think we can act as friends w/o the silly web site connections.

The rails are all done and just waiting on being anodized. Kip is waiting for samples to return from the ano. shop.

The rails are all done and just waiting on being anodized. Kip is waiting for samples to return from the ano. shop.

Great. One would almost think I started this thread from your defense of him. Again, all the best to him.

You should also know that comments about military service aren't really germane to this situation as I see it. I never said I had Vietnam era service by the way and you probably knew that based on my age anyway, but I did spend over 26 years in the Corps. You want to poke at me with "time with Charlie" that's fine.

Both Kip and I served and we're both no longer serving. As a Marine though, i get irritated when I see him using his past service as mitigation for his failures to meet his promised deadlines. The entire Marine Corps is about one thing, do your job or get the f*ck out of the way. His string of excuses is eerily familiar to me, it's always an extraordinary personal tragedy, something beyond ones control, etc. Eventually though you understand it's what it is, total BS.

The bottom line is actually quite simple. He's selling something and we're potential customers. As I have ALSO said many times, everyone can make up their own mind about how long they chose to wait to buy something from him. I'm not a competitor, you don't see me promoting the products of others either. He's lied to me over the phone and that soured me toward him. I freely wish all others to render their own judgements.

I am gonna Plus One Bighat. As a former Marine myself, I know exactly what he means. I dont think he means any harm by trying to give Kip a boot in the ass. Its what Marines do to each other. Some of you guys may take it in a tone that it's not meant to be relayed. I doubt Kip would argue with what Bighat just said either. Carry on Boys, and play nice.

I am gonna Plus One Bighat. As a former Marine myself, I know exactly what he means. I dont think he means any harm by trying to give Kip a boot in the ass. Its what Marines do to each other. Some of you guys may take it in a tone that it's not meant to be relayed. I doubt Kip would argue with what Bighat just said either. Carry on Boys, and play nice.

Problem is that Bighat has behaved like a petulant 3-year-old on so many occasions, made personal insults, etc. and so even when he says something worthwhile it's going to be taken as more of the same. Bighat isn't big enough to apologize for being a raging douche-bag in his other interactions with Kip, and until he does, I don't think anyone who knows the whole story will view him as anything but. Maybe he will prove me wrong? Doubtful, but hey, who knows?

Guest cleefurd

As a Marine though, i get irritated when I see him using his past service as mitigation for his failures to meet his promised deadlines.....

Produce this mitigation please.

....it's always an extraordinary personal tragedy, something beyond ones control, etc. Eventually though you understand it's what it is, total BS..

Wife and daughter's death, CNC operator passing away in 2009, ligament surgery, tree falling on paint booth, retinal surgery this past December of key employee... BS eh ? People asked where I was. I answered.

He's lied to me over the phone and that soured me toward him. I freely wish all others to render their own judgements.

Taken with a grain of salt. Produce the lie Matt. You can not, merely a manifestation of your own false witness, with little more than desparaging words, born from contrived renditions of otherwise pleasant phone conversations in order to bolster your animosity with propoganda. Apparently everyone has "lied" to you, since you seem to be sour on many fronts.

I still have the PM you sent me stating the forum members are all "wanna-bees", and that any personal tragedy I endured was pithetic in your estimation. That's your opinion. Such sentiments compel me to pity you, and pray for you too brother. (a standing sentiment from me which compels you to elude to my inibriation... Oops ! I don't drink try again Matt):D

BTW... Why don't you ask me YOURSELF what Government contracts divy up my resources? You know when "sterile" barrels are produced for rifles indiginous to an un-disclosed hot-zone, public domain would be counter-intuitive. They were not drop-shipped from me to the unit, they went through appropriate channels. Me telling YOU the DOD POC would be absolutely ridiculous, awkward, and non pertinent.

The olive branch was real. I kid around with you because you brought out the laser-pointer, I found a mirror.

Edited by cleefurd

Problem is that Bighat has behaved like a petulant 3-year-old on so many occasions, made personal insults, etc. and so even when he says something worthwhile it's going to be taken as more of the same. Bighat isn't big enough to apologize for being a raging douche-bag in his other interactions with Kip, and until he does, I don't think anyone who knows the whole story will view him as anything but. Maybe he will prove me wrong? Doubtful, but hey, who knows?

i agree with Uno on this one! and i always figured B.A. to be a beligerant drunk while posting at night!;) thus all the fighting and name calling..:cool:

Guest cleefurd
I dont think he means any harm by trying to give Kip a boot in the ass. Its what Marines do to each other.

I never mind the "Boot" to get things on track.

Next time bring out the majic boot that brings my wife and daughter back to life, and keeps employees from dying or needing eye surgery. The Marines I knew could differentiate between a setback and an excuse in direct response to a sit-rep.

Point is he gets a little ribbing back after biting my tongue for about a year now.

To which he ups the ante and goes into his grab-bag and starts questioning the scope of our operations, calling me a liar, saying my personal losses are BS ??

In an attempt to hand a crocodile a Coke, I lose a few fingers.... while making a peace sign.

Guest cleefurd

Much appreciated. All is well now days. The reason I kept it to myself until now is he (BH) was slinging mud when the wounds were fresh.... not too bright.

Lately I poked back to see if he was joshin... I don't hate him in the least. He makes me feel sane by comparison.

BTW the barrel came in yesterday. Had what looked like orange paint-pen lines in the bore near the muzzle. Turned out to be corrosion probably from the flux used to solder the attachments on. Some 0000 wool ought to smooth it over though.