Happy Memorial Day

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

I used the day off to finish a Lilja Barreled AR .223. It needed barrel threading for a SS Vortex FS. Then I stoned the mating surfaces on its new Jewell trigger. All it needs is good optics now and she's done.

Then I had to turn back the last muzzle thread on a new SS Beowulf barrel to get its FS to fit. Waiting for Magpul to release their mid-length hanguards so I can screw that barrel on. I feel guilty working on my own stuff, but they've been gathering dust for over a year now. Seemed OK to tinker.

Guest cleefurd

@ Sgt Cathy

That's a great one. Ironic too. The Nationals at Perry now have a course of fire using the M1 Carbine, shot entirely at the 100 yard line, geared towards Veterans and Seniors. It keeps them from having to lug their gear from yard-line to yard-line, much less struggle to see the target beyond that 100 yd range. Nice gun. Nice sentiment too.

It was my pleasure

to have known you all, and I am to the better for having met you.

Sixteen Draftees who did not want to go but did.

Chuck, Bob, Tallman and Head Hunter never set foot on USA soil again, but became a part of it.

Rat, Johnny Walker, Tom died within three years of returning.

Shorty, Yoyo, Sam, Lawman, Preacher, Fish, Leon, Chuckie all died off over the years from various cancers.

I owed my life to these Gentlemen more then once. We laughed, loved, lived and died with each other, yet those were some of the most glorious times of my life. Each one of these soldiers was killed in Viet Nam, some just didn't realize it till the cancer set in.

To you Gentlman I lift this glass in a toast. I loved you all and you are sorely missed, God Rest their souls, they spent their time in ****.

"All gave some, Some gave all"

Guest cleefurd
It was my pleasure

Chuck, Bob, Tallman and Head Hunter never set foot on USA soil again, but became a part of it.

Shorty, Yoyo, Sam, Lawman, Preacher, Fish, Leon, Chuckie all died off over the years from various cancers.

I owed my life to these Gentlemen more then once. We laughed, loved, lived and died with each other, yet those were some of the most glorious times of my life. Each one of these soldiers was killed in Viet Nam, some just didn't realize it till the cancer set in.

To you Gentlman I lift this glass in a toast. I loved you all and you are sorely missed, God Rest their souls, they spent their time in ****.

**********Salute.***********

Spent almost two hours at the range today and believe it or not but three of the many shooters that showed up were Vietnam veterans (I'm a 10 year Vietnam ERA veteran). We all shot for about an hour and then the shooting stopped as we gathered around and listened to the three (in-country vets) tell stories about their time in "The Nam". Today was a great day at the range!

It was my pleasure

Great post TK!

I too, join you in a toast.

Take Care,

Hookster :)