M4 Collapsible stocks for sale. NIB $585.00 shipped

needncash

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so then it's mostly people just arguing preference and stating their preference as correct while others are incorrect?

For the most part.

NYPD loves their 124GDHP's

TX DPS loves their 125grGDHP's

My local PD loves their 165gr GDHP's

Still others like their 230gr GDHP's

OR whatever ammo they run.

Pick a modern platform launching a modern bullet and start at the 9mm and work up. There is no "wrong" choice really.

Thanks for your replies it was very informative. I can now consider myself educated about "stopping/knock down power". Though I've never considered ever using my gun against a living person (zombies aren't living), I find guns and their inner workings extremely interesting. Hypothetical is always pretty entertaining.

Well this being read it seems that 9mm would be best due to the higher magazine capacity. However, regarding penetration which of the rounds has enough penetration without over-penetrating the target? Assuming a quality hollow point ammunition is used.

Thanks for your replies it was very informative. I can now consider myself educated about "stopping/knock down power". Though I've never considered ever using my gun against a living person (zombies aren't living), I find guns and their inner workings extremely interesting. Hypothetical is always pretty entertaining.

Well this being read it seems that 9mm would be best due to the higher magazine capacity. However, regarding penetration which of the rounds has enough penetration without over-penetrating the target? Assuming a quality hollow point ammunition is used.

interesting post.

45ACP Ball penetrate, expend all their energy in the target and stay where they stop. One of my more intresting jobs was as a Coroner's Investigator. I've helped dig those big bullets out of several dead people. :( The main reason I have a .45ACP on my carry permit = they WORK! Oh My do they work!

The most memorable example = A "deadx7" little criminal who attempted to hold up a gunstore with a sawedoff singleshot rifle:rolleyes: He missed his shot at the armed clerk, who then expended the entire contents of his 1911 into the fool at pointblank range. We figured the first round between the eyes did the job, the remainder of the magazine may have been over reaction on the clerk's part although he wasn't charged = Justifiable Homicide, but there certainly was NO over penetration,

all bullets were still in the remains - verified by X-ray.

Goriest post I ever scrubbed in on - took 2 days to verify the path of each of those slugs, any one of which would have been a fatal hit. The ME's comment on the whole thing = "A bit of OVERKILL here, but nice grouping!"

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-23762.html

I'm serious. I have owned over $6000 worth of 1911's and they all sucked. I would rather have a Glock. At least it goes bang 100% of the time, and I can hit the target JUST FINE with it. Ragged fist-size holes at 15 yards after a mag downrange once I get warmed up.

I know.....I got over 1911s long ago. I had a few.....:rolleyes:

I don't have them anymore! Glocks and XDs now!

I prefer 100% bang too! :)

this is because you probably couldnt hit sh-t with them!!and it looks like obviously didnt know how to care for them as well!!

I owned a Les Baer TRS and a Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade.

Both of them were full of fail. Please explain to me how "better maintenance" is going to keep the sight from repeatedly loosening up and moving around on my Supergrade, failing for it to feed the last round, etc. or how better maintenance will fix the FTRB's my Les Baer suffered from and fix the ****** workmanship. Here is my Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome.

10rpylw.jpg

Yeah. Keep your 1911's. I have owned some "nice" ones and they didn't do a single thing my Glock or SIG wouldn't do, held less rounds, and were shoddily made in comparison. Before you start whining about "accuracy" here is a 5-shot group fired off a sand-bag using Gold Dot ammunition (not some fancy worked up handload, but a BONDED duty round) from my P226.

dy97qf.jpg

Edited by Unobtanium

As a preference issue, i tend to not like the way glock's feel in my hand. I know they're good guns I just don't enjoy shooting them :(

I'd take a CZ or a Sig over a Glock :X

1911's are probably the most aesthetically pleasing guns in my opinion, which is why i own one. And the grip and feel of the way it shoots makes me feel happy... But i'd probably use one of the aforementioned guns in my post as a weapon of choice in a "combat" situation.