Hi Capacity Shell Carriers?

L84Cabo

I'm curious what folks are using to carry higher volumes of shotgun ammo. I'm looking for something that can handle 25 rounds or so, compact, easy to grab and go, easy to access shells but holds them securely.

To further clarify, I'm not looking for side saddles or similar low volume carriers that mount to the gun. I've got that covered.

I'm also not looking for a traditional bandoleer.

Any other suggestions appreciated!

Peace

I'm curious what folks are using to carry higher volumes of shotgun ammo. I'm looking for something that can handle 25 rounds or so, compact, easy to grab and go, easy to access shells but holds them securely.

To further clarify, I'm not looking for side saddles or similar low volume carriers that mount to the gun. I've got that covered.

Peace

The only other options I have seen are speed-loaders (impractical) and "Shell Caddy's" (Not what you are describing regarding capacity requirement).

Short of buying some 5.11 pants and stuffing your pockets, there are no other options I am aware of besides that rediculously heavy 18 round magazine or whatever that can be fitted to the Benelli.

Guest cleefurd
I carry mine in an old set of saddle bags. But then I see no need to carry a large volume on my person. If I need a large volume I go to my AR.

Ditto. Now if I could just find a vest that stows 5 Beta Mags.

Ditto. Now if I could just find a vest that stows 5 Beta Mags.

LOL, I am a big strong guy that is in very good shape that always laughs when people complain about the gun is to heavy, but damn 5 beta mags has got me thinkin that might just be to heavy,lol.

http://www.urbanertslings.com/shac.html

Try that. I have NOT tried it, but thought it fit your request plus I think the shape they have it in makes sense so as not to rotate around you constantly. My $.015 for ya. :)

Peace

A bandolier is nice because if you need to grab and go, you toss the thing around your neck and off you go. 50 rounds at your disposal if you have a bandolier with full capacity around the loop. Plus, you get a proper index of a shell off a bandolier, which is huge...

• 3 months later...

Original SOE 12 gauge Micro Rig. Has four super fast pull-out trays that hold 24 shells plus a larger GP compartment on the other side for medical gear or even more shells. Is made to be thrown over your head as quickly as a bandolier but provides a more stable and consistent platform to reload from. http://www.originalsoegear.com/12gamicro.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxN_r-Lk_RU

I would probably keep one of these with a trauma kit in the pouch AND a bandolier full of shells beside it under the bed next to the shotgun just in case things got really bad. That way you could throw both around your neck and you'd have triple redundant reloads--off the shotgun, from the micro rig, and then from the bandolier.

12gamicro2.jpg

Original SOE 12 gauge Micro Rig. Has four super fast pull-out trays that hold 24 shells plus a larger GP compartment on the other side for medical gear or even more shells. Is made to be thrown over your head as quickly as a bandolier but provides a more stable and consistent platform to reload from. http://www.originalsoegear.com/12gamicro.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxN_r-Lk_RU

I would probably keep one of these with a trauma kit in the pouch AND a bandolier full of shells beside it under the bed next to the shotgun just in case things got really bad. That way you could throw both around your neck and you'd have triple redundant reloads--off the shotgun, from the micro rig, and then from the bandolier.

12gamicro2.jpg

Looks interesting. Can you swap sides between the pouch and the pullout trays incase you want them on the other side?

Looks interesting. Can you swap sides between the pouch and the pullout trays incase you want them on the other side?

Negative, it's sewn up like that in bomb-proof fashion. If you truly want modularity, you can buy a PALS-only micro rig and then buy the PALS versions of the shotgun pouches (and then the medical pouch or other pouch if you prefer). Be advised though, it will cost you a good bit more in the end to do it this way.

mininspals.jpg

+

pullout122.jpg

You can also special order a left handed version where the shotgun pouches are swapped and are sewn onto the right side of the rig. That'd be the easiest option if you're just left handed and looking for something that's easier to reach.

Each of those rigs are hand sewn in Tennessee so it's not like they can't accommodate special requests. Just contact John Willis at [email protected]. Tell him AggiePhil from Get Off The X sent you.

I like Eagle industries options, they carry about a dozen or so shells in this set up...

http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=230&cat=94&page=1

and you could always throw a few of these on with the Molle attachments...

http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=263&cat=0&page=1

Their gear is first class, you can't go wrong with it.

Get would get this:

CLBV-M5 12 GA SHOTGUN

This CLBV-M5 variation is available in either 48 or 72 round capacity, and has either 4 or 6 of our 12 GA SHOTGUN SHELL POUCHES replacing the standard double magazine pouches on each side of the vest, 48 round vest has 2 utility pouches. Shell pouches are plastic reinforced to prevent shell sag and give you instant access to 48 or 72 rounds of 12 GA ammo.

http://www.antipersonnel.net/fmco/001.html#3

Or you could just get a couple of these

12 GA SHOTGUN SHELL POUCH

Holds 12 each 12 gage shotshells up to 3 1/2 inch, each shell in individual cells. Plastic reinforced bottom, back, and flap to prevent shell sag. Available with ALICE Silent clasp buckle or non-adjustable Q/R buckle, and universal suspension loop with ALICE belt clips or Molle webbing straps. One drain hole in bottom.

http://www.antipersonnel.net/fmco/005.html#2

I like this part:

OUR BACKGROUND

We have been designing and manufacturing load bearing equipment since 1983. The designers military background is B11 mechanised infantry and B12 combat engineers. We design our products for real world military combat operations, and they have been combat proven world wide since the 1980's. We use the same design criteria as the U.S. ARMY NATICK RESEARCH CENTER. All our products are field tested in their design phase by active duty personnel for ergonomic interface and durability in the field.

This is good and very funny too:

COMMUNIST AND SWEAT SHOP FREE PRODUCTS

Many manufactures and suppliers are importing textile products made by CHILD labor and SLAVE labor in sweatshops in Asia, South Korea, Hati, Mexico, Communist China, and Communist Vietnam - the same communists who murdered and tourtured friends of mine. Every dollar you spend on these imported textiles from Communist countries helps prop-up and maintain murderous dictatorships who would not hesitate to put a bullet in the back of your head, or your wife's and child's head.

FABRICATION MATERIALS

We don't use any MESH cloth in our product line, mesh cloth is mostly air and has too little body required for directly attaching heavy magazine and grenade pouches. When your running in the field sweating in your 10 pound body armor the mesh ventilation is mostly irrelevant to cooling. Mesh is best used for laundry bags to wash ladies undergarments.

We don't use any VELCRO in our product line. VELCRO makes way too much noise and is not durable enough for use on any of our products. Opening VELCRO pouches can be heard up to 100 YARDS away - that can give up your position and draw fire killing you or your whole squad. Any one who tells you making extra noise in combat dosen't matter, or having equipment that makes noise in combat doesn't matter, won't live long enough to find out that it does matter. Put that guy on point, just to be on the safe side.

We don't use any ZIPPERS on our vest products. There is a good reason for that because if you catch fire wearing a nylon vest with a zipper it will FUSE SHUT from the burning nylon cloth and webbing and stop you from getting the burning garment off - you WILL THEN BURN TO DEATH (!). This HAS happened to GI's and thats why military armor, and our vests, don't have zippers.