Those with Ghost Ring Sights & Optics--Riser Avail. To Allow Use of Both?

John P.

I have a Supernova Tactical (with picatinny rail) that I'm probably going to sell, and getting an M4. Regardless ...

I've been searching for a riser or see-through mount that would elevate my red dot sight while still allowing for the use of the ghost rings below.

It's such a bummer that we can't co-witness, but this would seem to be an alternative.

The only (hideous) example I've seen is this:

MNT-995TR.jpg

Anyone aware of something more elegant?

Hi John,

I'm sure something could be found but I don't see a set up like that being very practical. I'd want to keep my red dot mounted as low as possible where you could still get some kind of cheek weld. The new Mesa Urbino will offer a riser model or you could get a strap-on type riser if you really want to go that route. I'd think with the speed of a dot sight you wouldn't really find any reason to use the irons.

Good luck on your quest

Hookster :)

I like you Uno....You tell it like it is!

I was trying to be a bit more diplomatic :)

I get enough "theraputic communication" at work. Sorry, but I leave work at work and home is at home. Don't expect me to use theraputic communication unless you see me at work :cool:

I get enough "theraputic communication" at work. Sorry, but I leave work at work and home is at home. Don't expect me to use theraputic communication unless you see me at work

Everyone please form a single file line to receive your warm fuzzies from Uno!

H:D:pKster

correctional officer or shrink?? what do you do for work Uno?

Stepdown ICU (RN, BSN). We are still required to use "theraputic communication" (at work) and I did contemplate psych, but the ability to transfer to another unit after a few years on a psych floor is...limited.

(However, I was tempted to say that I am former USMC, and I hate all of you wannabe's and think that anyone who has lost a family member is a pathetic lying drunk. Maybe my sense of humor is why I ultimately decided psych wasn't for me? :)

Edited by Unobtanium