M4 Upgrades

I'm sorry, we have all upgraded to grenade launchers. :cool:

Yes, it's sad but true. What with the availability of collapsible stocks and aftermarket parts now, it makes no sense to lust after this weapon. I mean, it was a fun challenge when it was so hard to get things for the M4 but since accessories abound for it now, what's the use? :confused:

Talk to me about M4 upgrades and where to get em'...

I have heard about the steel follower and charging handle...

Anything else that you all upgrade to...?

Thanks all!

Carriercomp ti magazine tube

WC Wolff spring from Carriercomp

DMW oversized safety

Aluminum follower from Brownells

Modified/Breacher choke for 11701&11717 models (carriercomp, tru-lock, or carlsons)

and...don't you have a surefire rail already?

Damn, there are some funny guys on this forum. :D

Personally, I favor a minimalist, back to basics approach.

homedefense2.jpg

You could probably replace that gun with a piece of pipe. Just stick the shotgun shell in one end with a BB taped over the primer. Tie a rubber band around that end of the pipe with a big ball bearing with a hole drilled in it. To fire it you pull back on the ball bearing and let it go...it'll slam into the BB and fire the shotgun shell!

Better use schedule 80 pipe just to be safe...and you may want to pick up some more Bud Light before test firing it. Best not to let judgement get in the way of a truly inspred minimalist assault shotgun setup.

Of course, there is Freedom Fighter Tactical for either a steel or Ti magazine tube, steel or Ti charging handle, WC Wolff springs, etc.

And try Dave's Metal Works for Benelli accessories.

And Socomguy, if he is still around, makes steel magazine tubes.

Indeed, there is more than one outlet for quality Benelli accessories...

Guest cleefurd
...Indeed, there is more than one outlet for quality Benelli accessories...

True, there's even more than three.

Also covered were;

Brownells, (sells Wolff springs too)

Carlsons

Tru-Loc

Benelli

Botach

Don't forget Mesa Tactical,

Nordic Components (sells mag tubes too)

A2Z

Tac Star

Sure Fire

KZ Mako

Oh, and Wolff sells Wolff springs:)

Tip of the ice-berg.... indeed.

Actually, we ought to compose a list of all the manufacturers and what it is they make, exactly. Then, when another new guy comes along, we don't get the usual "this is what is on my gun /endthread" nonsense. You know, something that could be copied and pasted each and every time a new guy asks this same question. I don't know, I think it would serve their interests better.

I know it would serve me better, I've not heard of half the companies listed above in cleefurds post...

Guest cleefurd
Actually, we ought to compose a list of all the manufacturers and what it is they make, exactly. Then, when another new guy comes along, we don't get the usual "this is what is on my gun /endthread" nonsense. You know, something that could be copied and pasted each and every time a new guy asks this same question.

I know it would serve me better, I've not heard of half the companies listed above in cleefurds post...

Or just chant the word "Google !.... Google !":)

A generic list is sort of like saying "here's a dictionary find it yourself"...

Sooner or later they wind up back here... new and veteran consumers sharing their experiences. Doesn't seem like nonsense to me. We've ALL been there, wanting specifics based on personal experience almost every time we pose an inquiry.

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd
Carriercomp is the way to go for a ti mag tube. I bought one and I've never regretted it. I'm all for shaving any weight off my M4 whenever I get the chance. I'm still waiting for my bolt handle Kip.:)

(Blushing I think)

The bolt knobs are back on the burner now that the picatinny rails and muzzle breaks are off to anodizing.

BTW the latest Desert Tan coating revision arrived today--- finally a perfect match I believe. Will know in the AM after tonight's coating/curing.

The "secret projects" that have had us in hiatus recently will be revealed at the SOFIC convention in Tampa on the 15th-17th. Civilian disclosure will occur when we are further along. Soooo if you are at the SOFIC convention, track down SOG Knife and Tool and ask for me (I'll be their guest).

The Bolt knob's much thwarted tooling revision has been overcome, so they're-a-coming.

Hookster,

How is it you dont have a Bigger Charging Handle or Release Pad on your Shotty? I was surprised you never made those mods......did you just get on your m1a kick and forget em?

Hey Taylaboy,

I'm waiting for Kips handle....Not really interested in any others unless it was one of the Design Concepts handles which aren't made anymore. When I do go to the larger handle I'll be putting on a GG&G release pad too :)

Later,

Hookster :)