M1 Super 90 Help Please !!

Old & Slow

Just got a new OEM Benelli M1 Super 90 extension kit to allow the tube to hold 7 rounds ( currently holds 4 ) However the spring that it came with is 33 1/2" long !!

Been trying to get the %$##*^*!! in all day and there is almost no way to get it in without kinking the coils, is the the correct spring to use ??

Can`t see how to get it compressed for 7 2 3/4 " shells in even if I do get it in.

Any help appreciated !

The best way I found was to insert the spring into the tube, with the barrel pointed towards the ceiling, place the extension (making sure the end piece is in place) and slowly compress the spring and thread the extension on. It took me a couple tries at first, but it gets easier after the first couple times!

If it still doesn't want to go on, I would suggest calling Benelli to find out if you have the right spring. 33" sounds about right though.