KZ RAIL

Jackalope33B

Who has a KZ Rail on their M4? I have seen a few posts on here, but I would like to get some clarification. I was told by Botach that the top rail needs to be mounted/screwed to the receiver for a "rock solid fit." Only problem is, I just bought a Mesa saddle, and Im not getting rid of it ;)... So those of you that have cut off the excess rail, is your KZ Rail rock solid? I have heard that the KZ Rail mounts to the barrel. Is this true? Any help or advise is greatly appreciated :D

Here's a pic of my KZ mounted without the top rail

benellikz106.jpg

In my opinion, the forend was just as secure like this as it is with the top rail in place. Forum member panabax cut off and machined away much of his KZ and used it without the top rail. The B&T mounts to the barrel but the KZ does not. It is secured the same way the standard OEM forearm grips are and I would consider those rock solid.

Later,

Hookster :)

Thanks Hookster! I also found this forum on the KZ. Not sure I want to go as far as this member did by hacking away at a $200 piece of aluminum, but it does look good I will admit.. What PANABAX did with his Rail is something that should be sold on the market.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19590&highlight=panabax&page=6

Hook,

I have a problem taking the barrel on and off with the factory "2 round fake extension." the extension will NOT slide inside of the KZ Rail. So when I need to take the barrel off, I have to unscrew the "fake extension", then slide the barrel off. Other than that everything looks great! Im waiting for my full length tube from Kip. I hope I dont have a problem with his tube that Im having now :)

Hook,

I have a problem taking the barrel on and off with the factory "2 round fake extension." the extension will NOT slide inside of the KZ Rail. So when I need to take the barrel off, I have to unscrew the "fake extension", then slide the barrel off. Other than that everything looks great! Im waiting for my full length tube from Kip. I hope I dont have a problem with his tube that Im having now :)

You should be fine with the FL tube. How 'bout some KZ pics? :)

There are some of the pics Hook.... Hows it look :) Any suggestions on what else to do?

Looks great Jackalope!

Are you happy with it?

You might want to rotate your front sling attachment 90 degrees so the sling won't get in the way of your TLR-1 or you could use a rail mounted sling attachment on the KZ side rail behind the light.

Later,

Hookster :)

Hook,

I didnt know you can rotate the sling attachment. Thanks for the sharp eye :)

I just got a EoTech XPS scope for it today, and took it to the range. Not really sure how I feel about it. I mounted the scope in a "Riser" rail so I can use the iron sites just incase the scope goes down. It does sit about 1/2" high, but like I said Im not sure how I feel about the whole scope now..

I was looking at the RMR also. I heard the DUAL tritium/ fiber optic version is not that bright. Burris makes one as well as Leupold. Im scratching my head as to what I want now. I need to sell this Eotech. As soon as I put it up to my shoulder, I didnt like it. I took it off, and placed it right back into the box. Never got 1 round off.

• 2 weeks later...