My M4

KB Fab

Finally got my junk installed. Like this way better than stock now. The GG&g BRP was not nearly as difficult as I thought. In fact, the instructions were pretty clear. If anyone want's, or needs, help I would be glad to assist. Just PM me and I'll give you my number. I'm not so crazy about the GG&G bolt handle but it will do for now. Kips mag tube install went pretty smooth as well. The old one was actually much easier to remove than all the horror stories I had read about. It took about 10 minutes and I did it without any help or strap wrench. Now if Kip will just get those dang bolt handles, picatinny rails, and muzzle breaks done, it will be complete. But for now..........

DSCN1429.jpg

DSCN1436.jpg

Edited by KB Fab

Very nicely done; when I put the GG&G release on, I'd checked things pretty well, I thought, but the range proved me wrong. The spring had shifted on me and the release arm would not allow the shells to feed to the carrier properly - guess the actual firing caused the spring to shift out of location - pilot error

I hope this message finds you doing well.

My question is this: I have been getting ready to buy an M4 and with all the accessories out. What model do I need to buy to use the skeleton stock with the 3 positions, I have read a lot regarding this issue and made no headway as to if I will need to buy a 3 position recoil rod. On some of the forms they say some models the stock doesn’t remove and that others are not able to change out the recoil rod. I see yours is complete. Just not trying too spent money wrong...

You, like so many others are "getting ready to buy an M4 with all the accessories." Congratulations on your desires and contemplations, I hope they materialize. If you pickup a used 1014 you may need a 3-pos. tube if the previous owner did not install it, however the 11707 and 11717(camo) models have the 3-pos. tube from the factory.

Thanks for the replies.:cool: I'm pretty stoked about the current configuration with the exception of the bolt handle. The GG&G is better than stock, and was only $25, but I'll hold out for the one Kip is producing. The bolt-release is super trick IMHO. I don't think the ridges are too aggressive like some have complained about and the purchase on the thing in use is awesome. It's also rock solid in terms of function. I also came up with a solution for the receiver marring issue that someone was complaining about. I used a small, circular felt adhesive pad on the inside between the button and the receiver. When you slam it home the felt acts as a cushion when the two meet. I cut it to fit around the post and made it small enough to where you can't even tell it's there unless you look. :cool:

Thanks for the replies.:cool: I'm pretty stoked about the current configuration with the exception of the bolt handle. The GG&G is better than stock, and was only $25, but I'll hold out for the one Kip is producing. The bolt-release is super trick IMHO. I don't think the ridges are too aggressive like some have complained about and the purchase on the thing in use is awesome. It's also rock solid in terms of function. I also came up with a solution for the receiver marring issue that someone was complaining about. I used a small, circular felt adhesive pad on the inside between the button and the receiver. When you slam it home the felt acts as a cushion when the two meet. I cut it to fit around the post and made it small enough to where you can't even tell it's there unless you look. :cool:

Thats a brilliant idea sir! I need to try that!