Vinci's Reliabiltiy

hunter1014

Can anyone respond to the reliability of the Vinci? I'm thinking about buying either the Vinci or the M2. Need some hard cold facts from actual owners not hear say or what you've read. If your a hardcore hunter that's even better. How many rounds have you fired through it? Does it have less recoil like advertised? Does it meet or exceed your expectations?

Can anyone respond to the reliability of the Vinci? I'm thinking about buying either the Vinci or the M2. Need some hard cold facts from actual owners not hear say or what you've read. If your a hardcore hunter that's even better. How many rounds have you fired through it? Does it have less recoil like advertised? Does it meet or exceed your expectations?

I love my Vinci 26" Synthetic. I've put about 350 rounds of 1oz target loads without a mis feed or failure to eject. I also put on a short gel pad as I have a 13-3/4"LOP and the felt recoil is still pretty mild. I have shot the Vinci with the standard pad and it's even softer. Assembly and dis-assembly are not a problem and pretty simple once familiar. I prefer it over the M2 just for the fit and feel. It exceeds my expectations, but each person is different. I purchased my first HK/Benelli SBE 18 years ago and still shoot it also.

It is also a very tight gun, no shake-rattle and roll.

Edited by hattles

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend the Vinci. I have only one year of shooting experience with mine but it has performed flawlessly with a wide range of shells. The new ComforTech Plus recoil system really performs well with the heavier 3in duck loads. I can't wait for the Fall hunting seasons to begin.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kenneth7839

I like Vinci too. I would recommend it if someone need my personal opinion. Actually I have very good experience with Vinci in the past year.

I too am considering a Vinci. I have done much research on shotguns and I am leaning towards the Vinci. One of my questions is.......Is there after market barrels or OEM ones that are geared for Turkey in the bush, so a shorter barrel. Also a slug barrel. Can you get these as well? Do they or can you get them with pistol grip stocks?

You are asking a question that really can not be answered for a few years.Check back in 2030 or so!

I agree with the above statement. This spring when I purchased a new waterfowling gun I pondered the same question, Vinci or M2. The price is comparable and not a single forum had horrible things to say about either auto loader. My only hesitation between the two was the lack of exposure the Vinci has. It's a fairly new gun to the market and though the reviews have been great - I feel more comfortable purchasing a gun with a great reputation over the years. Just my opinion. I love my M2 by the way! Best of luck

I agree with the above statement. This spring when I purchased a new waterfowling gun I pondered the same question, Vinci or M2. The price is comparable and not a single forum had horrible things to say about either auto loader. My only hesitation between the two was the lack of exposure the Vinci has. It's a fairly new gun to the market and though the reviews have been great - I feel more comfortable purchasing a gun with a great reputation over the years. Just my opinion. I love my M2 by the way! Best of luck

You hit that one right on the mark!

After checking on alot of guns reliability issues.

We bought a couple of M2s,they have a great track record.

They work flawless so far.

If you don't have a need for anything more than a 3" gun,the M2 shines!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had mine for a little over a year now and it is the best gun I have ever shot.I have put about 2000 rounds threw mine { give or take a few } and not one problem. I have had it in a down pour duck hunting and in dusty conditions upland bird hunting and have not had one mis fire or any sore shoulders.

After giving it some thought, the Vinci might be a newly designed shotgun with new innovations but it seems much tighter than my HK/Benelli SBE.

Although the recoil system has been re-designed, the inertia system remains tried and true. Every part is well manufactured, fit is magnificent and the shotgun shoulders well and shoots well.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with the Vinci, after all it is a Benelli and any Benelli is as solid a shotgun as you can get. Simple is better and the Vinci is remarkably simple yet innovative.:cool:

Edited by hattles

• 3 weeks later...

I just sold my Vinci and bought an early H&K M1 Super 90 Field. Nothing really wrong with the Vinci, but I just didn't warm up to it. My biggest concern was that over time, the gun might loosen up due to wear from assembly/disassembly. I did not notice any less recoil than my SBE II. I did feel that it has a great ergonomic feel, which was what made me buy it in the first place.

Edited by Highground

• 2 weeks later...

My brother bought one and he loves it he shoots great with it and hasn't had any problems with it. He has had SBE 1&2 M2, Beretta 391 Franchi I-12 just about every auto loader known to man, and he said he liked the Vinci better than any of them, I personally don't care for it, I love my SBE2.

I own the Vinci and have shot the M2. Both are awesome shotguns. I would totally recommend the Vinci. Everything about it fits my needs. It shoots great, no mis-fires or jamming, it breaks down quick and easy. I put about 3000 round through it over the past year. Everything from clay shooting to duck and turkey hunting. You'll be happy with either one, but my recommendation is the Vinci.

Gonna take it out to the deer woods/fields in a few months when season opens.

• 2 weeks later...