Pics of SBS

corbon

I have a pic of my Benelli M2 entry (14"). It's a 5+1 in this set up with 2 3/4" shells (that's with Federal LE 9 pellet 00 buck. With S&B 2 3/4" 12 pellet 00 buck, I can only get 4 in the tube, but they are just a hair longer than the Federal) Just go to the MySpace link below, the My Photos album, and pg 2. I'd link it, but for some reason that never works when I try that (and certainly it can't be operator error? :)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=26055548

Edited by Super Dak©

No shiit great guns bro! how fast does super dak run in the 1/4mile?

Stage II's usually run high 12's with a very competant driver and a tire, usually low 13's with a healthy bit of wheel-spin and a strong trap for the ET. If my SRT4-knowledge is still current : /

The Dakota looks like a pure beast.

No shiit great guns bro! how fast does super dak run in the 1/4mile?

With the stock 360 and a SQ vortech it ran 12.8 at 110 mph on slicks (Phoenix in Jul). Haven't run it since I built the forged 408, went with the T trim vortech, 4.56 gears, long tubes, alcohol injection, 58mm TB, DFI etc..... It's still very streetable, but if you punch it while cruising at 40mph it'll be sideways on the highway (learned that the hard way, came close to kissing a few guard rails. D'oh!).

At some point I'll make the long drive back to the track, but the gas mileage (or lack of) worries me :) Plus I’ll need a cage or I’ll only get one run ):

Stage II's usually run high 12's with a very competant driver and a tire, usually low 13's with a healthy bit of wheel-spin and a strong trap for the ET. If my SRT4-knowledge is still current : /

The Dakota looks like a pure beast.

Bone stock the SRT ran high 13s spinning the tires like crazy! I've got slicks for it, but haven't run it with them (no wheels for them) or the Stage 2. I haven't been back to the track since I moved to crapville for my job. Plus, at the time the R/T was down for the new motor build and I couldn't afford to blow up my daily driver :) Now I'm just always busy (life gets in the way) and I started buying machine guns (cash gets in the way).

It's a quick car, but the truck is just plain brutal! :)

Bone stock the SRT ran high 13s spinning the tires like crazy! I've got slicks for it, but haven't run it with them (no wheels for them) or the Stage 2. I haven't been back to the track since I moved to crapville for my job. Plus, at the time the R/T was down for the new motor build and I couldn't afford to blow up my daily driver :) Now I'm just always busy (life gets in the way) and I started buying machine guns (cash gets in the way).

It's a quick car, but the truck is just plain brutal! :)

I am a fan of SRT products. I hope to own one in a year or so.

I'd want one too, were it not for the fact that they are about as reliable as a crackhead repaying his bank loan.

I take it you've owned a few dozen and had lots of problems? I've had mine for 6 years (got it in '04) and I haven't had any problems. $19K out the door, gets over 30mpg highway, runs 13s right out of the box, and fits my 6'4" 235 lbs butt very comfortably :) But to each his own.

Not to hijack this thread (any more than it already is :) I'm not a big fan of all the rails and accessories on some guns, but I sure wish I could get one of those collapsible stock for my M2!

I'd want one too, were it not for the fact that they are about as reliable as a crackhead repaying his bank loan.

SRT products are about as solid as you are going to get when you go looking for big horsepower. I have known multiple SRT-4 owners, and cruised the Viper forums a lot, as that is where my interest is, and neither have had anywhere NEAR the issues of the Ford/GM owners. Most foreign cars don't have the power, and those that do cost over 1/4 mil and are delicate as all get out. You are confusing a normal Chrysler product with something from the SRT division. It's like comparing an M4 to an M1. They look similar, but all the guts are different.

Edited by Unobtanium

SRT products are about as solid as you are going to get when you go looking for big horsepower. I have known multiple SRT-4 owners, and cruised the Viper forums a lot, as that is where my interest is, and neither have had anywhere NEAR the issues of the Ford/GM owners. Most foreign cars don't have the power, and those that do cost over 1/4 mil and are delicate as all get out. You are confusing a normal Chrysler product with something from the SRT division. It's like comparing an M4 to an M1. They look similar, but all the guts are different.

I'm not confusing anything. I dated a girl who had an SRT-4 back in 2005 when they were new ... no thanks. I'll take my ball-less Si any day of the week over a ridiculous torque steering, sliding neon that had major problems seemingly every other month. I may not win in a 1/4, but I'd much rather have my car in any type of course that involved turning.

To each their own.

I'm not confusing anything. I dated a girl who had an SRT-4 back in 2005 when they were new ... no thanks. I'll take my ball-less Si any day of the week over a ridiculous torque steering, sliding neon that had major problems seemingly every other month. I may not win in a 1/4, but I'd much rather have my car in any type of course that involved turning.

To each their own.

My bad, I didn't know you actually knew someone that had one. Guess your right, they all suck :). jk :) I love blanket statements...

That's hilarious though! I actually bought my SRT 'cus I dated a girl that had (still has) one (when they were new, in '03. '05 was the last year) and it's great. I drove it all the time and fell in love with it (and I wasn't even considering one before). Still no problems with either car, and even at 105 lbs, she never had any issue with torque steer.

But decide from your own experience, and if you like the Si, that's great. There's people here that have had issues with their Benelli cycling. Guess they all suck too. Mine runs like a champ and eats everything I put through it.

To each their own.

What kind of issues did it have? I have numerous friends who have 400+whp SRT-4's and the only breakage I ever heard of was a broken transmission from power-shifting while running slicks and cutting 1.8 60's and running numerous 11's@120+ hot-lapping the car. Fixed the problem in a day. The only mods to the driveline were a 6-puck clutch and polyeurethane motor-mounts.

It sounds like an isolated event (except for the tq'steer, etc. That is just any FWD car with power. Civics do it too.)