Vinci safety question

jhreese

Guest GunCrazyD

nothing from benelli about it...it is not supposed to be changeable..but i think it can..Benelli won't say it is...but looking at the mechanism it may be..just have to find a good gunsmith to see what he can do...

Does anyone know if the safety on the Vinci can be changed from right to left. It's a fairly simple procedure on the other Benelli models and I'm wondering about the Vinci.

There are a few threads about this already but I don't know of any that have come to a definitive conclusion.

Did you contact Benelli CS to see if they would provide instructions/do it for you?

agm65ccip, I've come to the conclusion, I've had 2 Vinci safeties changed from right to left. You can also send it back to Benelli & they will change it.

BOB

I did see you saying you had the safety switched on several, but the previous threads and the OP (from the way I read it) were looking for a DIY fix. :)

DIY would depend on how mechanical minded a person is. I had 2 'gunsmiths' look at one of mine for 30 mins. & had no idea where to start to change the safety. One said put the trigger group in a zip lock bag, that spring looks like it has tension on it, don't want it to fly off & get lost.

BOB