Converting the 1014 to have a collapsible stock

SonRunner

I have a Benelli 1014 (the one with the flag, and non-collapsible stock that in appearance only looks like the collapsible stock). Can this 1014 be converted to have the multi-position collapsible stock (like the older M4s that look the same)? A few years ago, the local Benelli dealer, from whom I purchased this 1014, advised me that the only way possible to make this 1014 into the multi-position collapsible stock, was to machine that gray rod-spring. But now, it looks like I may be able to just purchase a shoulder piece (or am I mistaken here, and can not make this conversion without any machining).

Shop carefully for the recoil tubes. The one Numrich sells is a two position tube. Make sure the one you buy is the three position tube. Search this forum for how to install it. Benelli uses a high temp locktite compound to hold it in. I had to use a propane torch to get it out. An industrial heat gun did not cut it. Be very careful so you do not screw up your 1014.