need help with recoil in my nova 12gauge

erik v

Originally posted by erik v:

what is the best way 2 get rid of recoil?

:rolleyes: Sir, You will always have some type of recoil and will not be able to get rid of it. You can limit the recoil with accessories or new products that advertise less recoil. What weapon are you talking about or is it one of the Benelli products?

Commando, the weapon type is clearly stated in the original subject line, 12 ga. Nova.

erik v,

What kinds of loads are you shooting? What kind of shooting or hunting do you intend to do?

If you're shooting 3.5" heavy loads, there's going to noticeable recoil. You'll find it's less noticeable when you're shooting game, but it will still be there.

If you're shooting light dove or trap loads, and it still bothers you, you may need a 20 ga.

Originally posted by erik v:

what types of accessories? i am new 2 firearms and i am a little lost.

smile.gif Oh sorry didnt take time to see the title of your question. You can purchase the recoil reducer and bracket for the nova. I have a Nova and purchased these items since I will be shooting heavy loads. the reducer will add weight to your nova. My nova is much heavier then my SBE II but the nova does shoot very smooth for a pump and using those 3 1/2 loads.

well i got this from that site.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6418&title=RECOIL+REDUCER%2c+MERCURY%2c+14OZ

i was looking at the RECOIL REDUCER, MERCURY, 14OZ. do i need the RECOIL REDUCER STOCK MOUNTING BRACKET with it?

also does that pad do anything?

i use 3in shells most of the time with about a 1 and 1/4 oz load

[ 09-05-2005, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: erik v ]