Rail & Light for M4 HELP!

twowheelhooligan

I've looked at the past posts, but I'm not finding the information combo for my inquiry.

My situation: I already have a Surefire Scout light w/ remote switch. I do not have a means of securing it to my M4 yet. On a long gun, I am a STRONG believer in a weapon mounted light.

I like the tri-rails and clamps for mag tubes, but don't those have to be removed when taking off the barrel for cleaning? AND, I’d like to have the switch closer to me so my arms out way out, but closer to center-mass.

I was thinking about the Surefire rail. My thought was that I would mount the light and remote switch on same side, so when rail removed for cleaning, it stays on the rail.

I also contemplated the FAB fore end /rail for the same reason, keep the light/switch together for routine cleaning.

:confused:

My question: What rail or rail system will allow the use of my light, on a rail, but allow the weapon to be torn down for cleaning without having to remove the illumination devices from their mounting locations?

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

I've looked at the past posts, but I'm not finding the information combo for my inquiry.

My situation: I already have a Surefire Scout light w/ remote switch. I do not have a means of securing it to my M4 yet. On a long gun, I am a STRONG believer in a weapon mounted light.

I like the tri-rails and clamps for mag tubes, but don't those have to be removed when taking off the barrel for cleaning? AND, I’d like to have the switch closer to me so my arms out way out, but closer to center-mass.

I was thinking about the Surefire rail. My thought was that I would mount the light and remote switch on same side, so when rail removed for cleaning, it stays on the rail.

I also contemplated the FAB fore end /rail for the same reason, keep the light/switch together for routine cleaning.

My question: What rail or rail system will allow the use of my light, on a rail, but allow the weapon to be torn down for cleaning without having to remove the illumination devices from their mounting locations?

I have the Surefire fore-end on mine but no light. Can't see why it wouldn't meet the aims you have established though with the switch and light on the Surefire. Just slide the whole assembly off and on.

Edited by BigHat

Here ya go!

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22525

I like all your ideas.

I failed to mention I am partial(NOT committed) to the Surefire rail since I have a dealer friend that can cut me some smokin' deals on occassion if I don't abuse it.

Hookster. . . 1) You take nice photos. Even light/flash distribution, looks good! 2) I like the light mounting location close to the barrel. It would illuminate the front sight nicely AND puts the light more in line-of-sight with gunsite eye. I will certainly have to explore that option.

Being a lefty, I'm going to put both light/remote pad on as Hookster has. That way in case I decide to put a clicky switch tailcap (yes, that's a technical-tactical term! ;) ) The light would stay in the same location.

ya'll are so helpful and friendly! makes me feel all warm-n-stuph.

God bless and watch over our Troops, especially the ones that aren't home!