Questions about M4

HK MAN

I am trying to sell my M4 and L am being told that it should have come from the factory with a 2 shot mag extension and a heavy spring and a 2 postition collapsable stock. My M4 is a limited edition with the skeletonized stock. It was to my knowledge that the civillian M4 did not come with either of the formentioned items. Is this correct or shoulf my gun have come with them?

The Civilian M1014 M4 comes with the collapsible stock that doesn't collapse because of the recoil tube not having notches to accomidate the collapsing. I don't believe it comes with the magazine tube extension but I could be wrong. The 11707 M4 comes with a standard pistol grip and no magazine tube extension.

The collapsible stock has 3 positions.

Only M4s sold in the US to the military and police come equipped as you mentioned (although this is the first I've heard of a 'heavy spring').

The collapsible stock is actually a three position stock, and yours would be just that with the addition of the correctly notched recoil spring tube (which can be found on Gunbroker). The reduced mag capacity and the fixed skeletonized stock are standard for your particular M4. Someone is trying to shine you on and beat you up on price apparently. That non-functional 'skeletonized' (in reality a fully functional collapsible stock in need of the correct recoil spring tube to make it work) is an asset to the gun adding at least $400 to the value of what you have. Adding magazine capacity would result in possibly getting charged with a 922® violation (although to the best of my knowledge no one ever has been charged, there's always that exposure).

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Thanks for resopnding. I just spoke to benelli about this issue and they told me the same info that you gave me. They also assured me that the M1014 M4 does not come with a magazine extension. Not that it really matters now another bidder just picked it up for my asking price.