Why doesn't my Nova tactical have ghost sights?

AZG1ANT

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I recently purchased a Nova tactical 18.5. After some research about the Nova I feel like I got ripped off on my sights. How is it that I paid about $330 yet I didn't get the ghost ring sights? I'm happy with what I've read on this gun, but I feel like I bought a cheeseburger...left the drive thru and realized I got a plain burger...lol.

you may possibly have a rifled slug barrel on yours. Most Super Nova Tactical s with rifled slug barrels came with the barrel mounted iron sights not ghost ring sights. Check to see if you have the rifled slug barrel. These shotguns were made mainly for the deer hunting crowd that like the tactical look....not really intended for LE/MIL service though. Some guys like these for home defense though.

No, the manual specifically says "smooth bore" and it doesn't appear to be rifled.

Yeah Texas...I wish I would have had time, but this was a shotgun I needed the same day. When I saw "Benelli" I knew it was a great gun so I jumped on it. Every other gun shop in town was starting off around $400+ for Mossbergs. Couldn't pass on the Benelli although I am irked I didn't get the ghost sights that appear to be standard for all other Nova's.

thats like buying a Ferrari and not looking under the hood before giving the lil old man the cash!! and then you get it home and what do you know? its powered by a little mouse turning a wheel. :p

I know I know. I went with the reputation of Benelli. It is a shotgun for home defense purposes though. How much aiming do I really need to do? Just feels like I got "moused" like you're saying.

hmm.... Good to know

Unless you wind up with the wrong gun? :D

I confess I'm a little unclear on how the OP wound up with the wrong gun. Was it an online purchase? I can't imagine this happening with an in-person, in-store purchase. But goodness knows I've managed to click the wrong button or not read all of an item's description more than once myself... :(

So it turns out I have the rifled iron sights, which is a lower price version of the Nova with the ghost rings. I was also told that this was possibly an older model. No big deal since this was purchased for home defense anyway. I plan to put some type of rail system on with a light or possibly a low end laser. Can I attach something right to the barrel? There's really no room on the fore end unless maybe I get the extended magazine addition, which I don't really need. Not trying to break the bank on a laser. Any recommendations? I see a bunch on ebay for $100 and under.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for answering my questions.