Surefire Overkill?

Here is my M4 with an M80 rail and M900. I just slapped it on today and it's not as heavy as it looks.

What do you think...? Overkill?

The way the light is set up, the beam is not as obstructed by the barrel. I had a Surefire SCOUT mini with Larue mount on it prior and the barrel and beam on the mini collide more than I would like.

449727b1.jpg

741bafbe.jpg

Thanks all!

Hey 1811,

If you're happy with it then it's not overkill! Actually, I remember someone posted a picture of the same Surefire M80 and light combo. If I remember correctly they were also running an EO Tech too.

Found it!!!

surefirem80-1.jpg

Later,

Hookster

Edited by Hookster
added pic

Looks great, functions great = winning combo

You gonna sell your old VFG?

Maybe...it's a Tango Down QD stubby...I'll let you know...

Thanks guys for the feedback...

I'll post a quick pic of the beam and minor shadowing...

Ive got the same light setup on my M4. Not over kill at all! You want to consider investing in a LED head for the M900.. Those factory bulbs really dont do the light any justice at all :D

Do you have a product link?

Thanks

i like it....you should,however, move the m900 ahead abit like the other pic shows. this will allow you better control of the weapon in rapid fire.

This is true, you should slide it forward a bit, it looks a little awkward on yours being so close and all.

Yea, there are a few options: http://tnvc.com/items/illumination_tools/tnvc_tx4_conversion_head.html

The TX4 is superrrrr bright, and has plenty of flood. The throw on it is about 400'. But for a shotgun, I like more flood than throw. The down side of the TX4 is that you can only get about 35min of constant run time at full brightness, then the light starts to dim. The light output at the emitter is said to be 700+ Lumens, and out the lens is 600 lumens. I just bought this light last week, and Im going to return it for the fact that I didnt plan on spending more $$$ on batteries than what I make per hour at work lol.. But if you have the $$$, and want a bad a*s light, this is it!! Plus the black housing matches the M900 nice, and its NOT bulky like the turbo heads. For my job, I need a bright light, and I need it to last!

Another one is the http://www.lumensfactory.com/product_detail.php?id=136

This light I am using on a trial to see if I like it. The factory claims it is 950 lumens. But I can tell you this much, it has no where near the flood as the TX4. But Seraph P7 does have alot more throw to it. When I was playing with it lastnight, I was able to get about 55min of run time before the batteries made the LED dim. Plus the Seraph P7 is grey in color, so it kind of matches the surefires turbo head.

You can try www.candlepowerforums.com, there is a wealth of information on there about every kind of flashlight you can imagine! And the people on there are helpful just like this forum.

There are a few memebers on there that modify your surefire incandescent light tower (it basically the whole bulb assembly that slips into your surefire head). They are known to turn that "tower" into a LED light. Im still looking for more information on it myself.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything!

Franco

Do you have a product link?

Thanks

I think weapon lights are great, it lets me now where you are.:cool:

Only if you're facing someone who hasn't been trained in low-light fighting.

Anyone with a modicum of training isn't going to stand there with their light on and be a target.

Move --> Strobe --> Move --> Shoot --> Move

ETA: I have been evaluating the 600 lumen TNVC head mentioned earlier in low-light carbine courses. After being illuminated with the TNVC head, a suspect with night-adjusted vision will be effectively blind for nearly a full minute, unless he showed up wearing a welding mask.

vltor_modstocks.jpg

Edited by CJan_NH

Only if you're facing someone who hasn't been trained in low-light fighting.

Anyone with a modicum of training isn't going to stand there with their light on and be a target.

Move --> Strobe --> Move --> Shoot --> Move

How many putting on lights have had that training........plus you assume the target is in front on you.

How many putting on lights have had that training........plus you assume the target is in front on you.

I'm not assuming anything actually :)

I have no idea how many people have had low-light training. That said, I would hope that if someone takes the initiative of putting a white light on their fighting weapon that they also take the time to learn the basics.

Like anything else, having a weapon light without knowing how to use it properly as a fighting tool can be a huge liability.