Out of touch with reality

Sukhoi_fan

Yea, I emailed him with prior sales for the stock. one for $450, one for $525.

Those prices are equally ridiculous.

At best, the set is realistically worth $150-$200 in materials and workmanship.

But as long as the market is driven by moronic buyers, prices will remain at ridiculous levels.

So why not ask $1,000? If there are idiots out there who will pay $500+, then the law of averages says there's one or two out there who will pay $1,000.

The seller is merely rolling the dice and hoping one such doofus finds his listing. With it getting re-listed here, he's well on his way. I wish him nothing but success.

Those prices are equally ridiculous.

At best, the set is realistically worth $150-$200 in materials and workmanship.

But as long as the market is driven by moronic buyers, prices will remain at ridiculous levels.

So why not ask $1,000? If there are idiots out there who will pay $500+, then the law of averages says there's one or two out there who will pay $1,000.

The seller is merely rolling the dice and hoping one such doofus finds his listing. With it getting re-listed here, he's well on his way. I wish him nothing but success.

He knows his audience well, and he is betting that the same folks that will pay nearly $2,000 for a shotgun will pay $1K for the tacticool stock. I love the capitalist system and I bet he sells his stock.

The funny thing is, SOMEBODY MIGHT ACTUALLY BUY IT!!! If that's the case, you gotta give the seller some credit. A lot of Ebayers never heard of Botach. They might not know about Gun broker and they probably don't frequent the Benelliusa forums. An M4 can be picked up at a lot of gun shops and even some of the sporting good stores around here. The collapsible stocks on the other hand cannot. Of the many people that own an M4, thousands of them would buy something from Ebay without doing a google search or looking elsewhere first. Of those people, dozens if not hundreds will pay that price for this stock seeing as they never see them. Of those dozens, all it takes is 1 to happen across that listing and close the deal. If he doesn't sell this stock on this pass, he'll probably re-list it and sell it eventually.

Does anybody know if Botach has these back in stock yet or when they're gonna get them back in stock?

I got an email from the fellow with Botach who posted on that thread indicating they had no timeframe for having those stocks available again, so IOW, out of stock indefinitely.

Looks like it was re-listed and finally sold for $600. I was really hoping he would get the one grand he originally listed it for.

Oh well...one positive note, I showed my wife the listing after she was mad at me for buying mine from Botach at $225. Her attitude suddenly changed from "Why are you wasting money on guns!" to "Should we buy more gun stuff?"