Foregrip - Fab vs Surefire vs B&T

Dr Or

Hey there,

I am new to both the Benelli forum as I am the proud new owner of a M4 (Purchased from Cabela's) ...

My first of manyyquestion to all those in the know is in regards to the selection of a Foregrip / rail system :

Cost is not a issue ... but the fact that I am adding a Mesa Tactical shell carrier and weight is ...

I am debating between a Fab Polymer 4 rail vs. Surefire M80 vs. B&T quad rail

I have surfed the forum .. but have found no direct posts that compare these products directly ...

Any insight / experience would be appreciated ..

Thanks,

Dr Or

There's plenty of info to find using search, though probably not all in one post. Anyway, unless you're married to the Mesa part, you might consider the sidearmor rail (it gives you the shell holder option, but with a spec rail (also an option).

The Fab seems to be crap based on the reviews (and it's made in Israel, so you don't gain 922r benefits). Surefire gets mixed reviews. People seem to like the BT, but again, it's not made in the USA.

I bought the KZ rail FWIW.

Hi Dr Or and welcome to the forum.

There have been several reports of fit issues with the FAB I believe it is also marketed as the MAKO. I recall people having to take a dremel to them to get them to fit well. The design doesn't appear to aid in cooling much either. I run the Surefire M80 but only as a 922r compliance part. My accessories (light and switch are all mounted to my Sidearmor rail. Sidearmor also offers an optional side shell carrier if you are not married to the idea of a Mesa.

Here's a pic of mine:

006.jpg

The KZ is also a fine option. I reviewed it here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19590&highlight=kz+review

and the Surefire here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19942&highlight=surefire+m80+review

Everyone that has the B&T seems very happy with it, The only downside is it is not a 922r compliant part (Swiss) if you choose to worry about that. Although, once the Mesa Urbino stock comes out you could get around that if you were worried.

Later,

Hookster :)

the B&T is approx 300$-ish and SWISS made AWESOMENESS!! i have one on my M1014 with a mesa tac shell holder. but again its not US made. so if you're worried about the 922 B.S. it doesnt help you in parts count. the Sidearmor is Awesome too and you can buy the side shell holder with it. they too are precisioned excellently and are made in the U.S. but again they are pricey. approx 350$-ish with side shell holder. and as for the others, i dont like them and they seem to be cheap economy models to me. hope this helps.

Hi Doc, I have the Sidearmour setup and it works great. The shell holder has ballbearings that keep even pressure on the shell unlike others that have a piece of rubber that is not consistent and needs to wear in. They also just came out with a horizontal mount for two shells on the right rear position for a quick response to a slick lock condition or select slug situation. Also the people @ sidearmour are very nice and respond promply. Good luck

I have run all the options that you are considering for your M4. My keeper is the B&T quad rail. Have one on my M4 CQB and one on my M4 Tactical. These are the best rails going bar none. Mako/FAB is junk,but looks good...Sidearmor is OK but no provision for vertical grip. Surefire M80.....so so. Fit is not that great on the M80 and have had issues with it interfering with piston operation. I have since sold off the rest and kept the best.......B&T all the way brother!

Skeeter. . . I find it interesting that you have Fed tactical buckshot on your bench, but loading up the Mesa w/ Sellier & Bellot or Fiocchi buckshot. ;)

close but no cigar!!:D they were actually made for me here in Texas. i call them my shredders. they are 2-3/4 shells with 1- lg slug and followed by 9-00 pellets.

Isn't there a handguard that mocks the standard Benelli M4 rail and has a Picatinny rail along the bottom? I am considering the Brugger and Thomet quadrail, but I am concerned about increasing the weight of an already heavy firearm. PS. Check out the MK46 SAW fore-grip. It is manufactured by FN and matches the Benelli M4 pistol-grip.

SAMMY!

• 2 months later...

Im not sure Phil. i havent weighed it or anything but im also not worried about the weight. cause after the rail, light, shell holder loaded w/ shells its heavy anyways!!:D but in any situation where you'd need to shoot it for self defense, you'd never even think about the weight due to so much adrenalin flowing through your body!!;)

• 1 month later...
Hi Dr Or and welcome to the forum.

There have been several reports of fit issues with the FAB I believe it is also marketed as the MAKO. I recall people having to take a dremel to them to get them to fit well. The design doesn't appear to aid in cooling much either. I run the Surefire M80 but only as a 922r compliance part. My accessories (light and switch are all mounted to my Sidearmor rail. Sidearmor also offers an optional side shell carrier if you are not married to the idea of a Mesa.

Here's a pic of mine:

006.jpg

The KZ is also a fine option. I reviewed it here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19590&highlight=kz+review

and the Surefire here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19942&highlight=surefire+m80+review

Everyone that has the B&T seems very happy with it, The only downside is it is not a 922r compliant part (Swiss) if you choose to worry about that. Although, once the Mesa Urbino stock comes out you could get around that if you were worried.

Later,

Hookster - just curious - what does she weigh ?

Hookster - just curious - what does she weigh ?

About 9.3lbs without the Aimpoint seen in the pic. (The Aimpoint is for my Socom 16, just had it on the M4 for fun)

When I get a Urbino stock I plan to take the Surefire M80 off and put my OEM grips back on. This will save about another 3 oz. I'm not sure what the weight savings is between the OEM stock and the Urbino but I'm guessing that the Mesa is lighter.

LMTM4006.jpg

Later,

Edited by Hookster

will the Urbino ever be here or is it a fairy tale?

why is the stock forearm better in your opinion?

It'll be here soon.......:)

The stock forearm is lighter and I find it more comfortable to grip. I don't have anything mounted to the Surefire rails so it isn't doing anything for me in that sense. My light, switch and Daniel Defense sling attachment are all mounted to my Sidearmor rail. The Surefire only serves as a 922r compliance part for me but the Urbino is US made so it will serve as my 3rd compliance part.

Later,

• 3 weeks later...