Bought a Cordoba

Choclabman

Picked up a Cordoba with a 30" barrel today. Dealer called and left a message on the machine, that he had one in.

Should be able to shoot a round of SC tomorrow afternoon. So far I'm impressed with it. The stock does have a different look to it..

Cant wait for tomorrow afternoon. smile.gif

birddog,

I shot it yesterday, and this morning. I gave it a complete cleaning when I got it home, and another one after both shoots.

My opinion is still out. I shot a round of trap yesterday to warm-up(25 rounds). Then shot two rounds of Sporting Clays. Each round was 100 rounds at a 12 station course. That totals 225 rounds. Today I shot 2 rounds of SC and 50 at trap. 250 rounds total.

I really like the shotgun, but like I said the verdict is still out. The reason I say this is I was wanting the Cordoba to be used for hunting and clays. This may or may not be the case. After those rounds, it still will not cycle 1oz loads with any reliabitlity. 7/8 loads? Forget about it.

I find this dissapointing. Both of my SBE II's will cycle 1oz loads all day. With them I could really care lesss, because they are hunting shotguns. My SuperSports will cycle 7/8 2/1/2 dram #8 target loads all day long. I was wanting the same thing out of the Cordoba, since it is suppose to be a hybrid. I will give it another try in the morning.

Overall finish of the shotgun is Excellent.

I agree that the Cordoba should cycle lighter loads, and it is marketed as a crossover field gun. That said, the specs do still include the 3 dram 1-1/8 oz. minimum recommendation.

I hope she'll break in and allow you to shoot the lighter stuff on the range, and fulfill her promises as marketed.

Compared to the SBEII, how does the gun handle and feel?

BLM, is there any difference between the Cordoba & SS other than the finish. I have heard it is the same as the SS xcept flat finish. I know you didn't buy it to swap around , but if they are the same you could try swapping the bolt out & see if the Cordoba will function with light loads.

DUKFVR,

They are the same. Except the the Cordoba has the black receiever and the stock has white non shiney(sp) spots in it. Really kind of cool looking.

Drundel,

My SBE II will cycle 1oz loads also. My SS will cycle 7.8 no problem. I'm going to run some turkey loads thru the Cordoba this weekend, and see what happens. That is just as soon as I run up to Benton, and buy some type of rest for it.

Well Scott, if we all only bought what we needed, what fun would that be?

First off, this guy already owns 2 SBE II's and a SS. So obviously $$ is no object. I'm guessing he wanted essentially a matte black SS that he could bang around a bit and not be concerned about the finish. The Cordoba is a matte black SS less $70.

Second, he bought the Cordoba in the 30" bbl, so maybe he just likes 30", which is not available in the SBE II. I hunt with a guy that insists on 30" bbls and bought the S II just for that reason.

Third, he states the primary reason for buying the Cordoba was to hunt with and for clays. Every S II owner I know that hunts dux wished it came in a dark matte finish. Now it essentially does.

Fourth, he had no way of knowing, prior to purchase, that the Cordoba would not cycle 7/8 (although Benelli told him so expressly in the catalog!).

Fifth, portin' for dux is common. Not too nice huntin' next to one, but common....

Just my thoughts....

mudhen - CA

Scott,

To answer your question. Mudhen did an excellent job in answering, and nailed alot of the points. I'll just add a few.

I make a good living, as does my wife. We have no children. As long as it does not bother the bank account, some of the pleasures in life are about want's. not needs.

I did not need a Cordoba, but wanted one.

Except for the light load issue I am very pleased with it. Let me put some heavy loads thru her, and I think it will come around.

The price between the camo SBE II and Cordoba is not that different,

My next purchase is a 682 Gold E that my wife wants. Does she need it? No. Does she want it? Yes. So we will buy one, have it modified to fit her, and she'll shoot the crap out of it.

Life would be boring without alittle spice.

The Cordoba is a Fine shotgun. It is one, I have very high hopes for.

Originally posted by BLKLABMAN:

I make a good living, as does my wife. We have no children. As long as it does not bother the bank account, some of the pleasures in life are about want's. not needs.

I did not need a Cordoba, but wanted one.

Except for the light load issue I am very pleased with it. Let me put some heavy loads thru her, and I think it will come around.

The price between the camo SBE II and Cordoba is not that different,

My next purchase is a 682 Gold E that my wife wants. Life would be boring without alittle spice.

The Cordoba is a Fine shotgun. It is one, I have very high hopes for.

Want to adopt a son? 27 years old, house broken, has a degree, works out of the state two weeks at a time, has a few Benellis, and the 682 Gold E Sporting, as mentioned above, just needs a backer for a South America dove trip. ;)

Drundel,

I regret to say... I did not tell the whole truth above. I actually have four children. 2 BLF's, 1 YLF, and 1 CLF. The Yellow and chocolate are my wifes. These four are very needy are require lots of belly rubbings and ear scratching's. smile.gif The upside is, that they love to go hunting with us, and love the run Field Trials.

So as you can see, adding a fifth right now might be a bit much. hehehe smile.gif

For the record....I ask these questions because I have a sbe2 and a ss. If I knew the cordoba was coming out back when, who knows.

I don't however, have the luxary of others. Not complaining though....I'm not doing to bad and others that are doing better....great. In fact, if I can see shootin dux with one, who knows.