Cleaning M4 Chrome Lined Barrel

jc-1969

Is there any certain steps involved in cleaning a Benelli M4 chrome lined barrel? What do you guys thinks is the best and safest products to use such as solvents,oils,cleaning kits, and bore snakes? Is Hoppes #9 safe on chrome lined barrels? I have read about Hoppes #9 Semi-Automatic has anyone used this and if so is it better to use than Hoppes#9 on the M4?

Thanks,

Jason

Any product on the market, unless specifically stated otherwise, is safe for chrome lined barrels.

You want the best?

http://www.kgcoatings.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=4&pg=1

Mind you, using KG 1-12 is complete and utter overkill for any shotgun, bordering on mild insanity and the downright absolute waste of product.

A smooth bore shotgun won't know the difference between a barrel that was cleaned 10 rounds ago and a barrel that was cleaned 5000 rounds ago ... ask me how I know.

As with most quality modern weapons, lubrication is 10x as important as being white glove clean.

Only problem area is where the crimp opens up and leaves plastic residue inside barrel and other than that just a simple oil patch/mop run down the barell on occasion is all that is needed! I use those long fuzzy mops on my range gun, OU Citori and it's quick and easy but the plastic comes off without much effort and a little solvent to the affected area with light scrubbing!