M2 Field, 26" barrel, magazine extension

jotto

Greetings everyone. I am a new Benelli M2 Field owner. I attempted to search the forums for an answer to my question without success so if this question was answered before my apoligies. I am squared away on rifle/pistol knowledge but am a novice to shotguns thus far.

I have a M2 Field with a 26" barrel. I want to get the longest magazine tube extension I can without passing the barrel. My understanding is that DMW offers the best quality ones at this time.

My questions are as follows:

1. What's the longest tube I can get not passing the barrel?

1b. How far does the next size up pass the barrel?

1c. Do I need a tube/magazine clamp?

2. Am I correct that DMW are the best "bang for the buck"? If incorrect which are?

3. Are there any other great to have add-ons for this shotgun? (Will be using for shooting clays mostly.)

Thank you very much for your information and look forward to joining the ranks of Benelli owners.

Here are the dim's for the Nordic brand tubes you can also get them from the link below.

12 Gauge +02 +03 +04 +05 +06 +07 +08

Benelli M1, M2 6.19" 8.67" 10.44" 12.02" 14.39" 17.63" 20.28"

http://shop.nordiccomp.com/NC-Shotgun-Extension-Tubes-for-12ga-12GA-EXT.htm

I have had and used DMW tubes I prefer the Nordic Tubes. Use a bbl clamp too.

Good Luck

3. Are there any other great to have add-ons for this shotgun? (Will be using for shooting clays mostly.)

I put a different (brighter) fiber optic HiViz sight on the front. Not that the stock sight was bad I just like brighter than what it could give me.

The best thing I did was to add a bolt release pad (http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17814). It makes it a lot easier and more fun to close the bolt by punching this pad than having to press that tiny button. Briley and a few others make a similar item (http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19514)

Welcome to the forum

Ok, I measured it out and I can get the +6 extension to fit without passing the barrel. Now my next question is what exactly does +6 mean since every site I've visited uses different ways to count. I assume this means 6 in the tube with one in the chamber? Right or wrong?

Thanks again.