Super Nova vs. Nova?

doctorlivingstone

What's the difference between the Super Nova tactical and the Nova tactical aside from about $50 before the rebate?

I'm looking at the synthetic, 12GA 18" barrel, comfortech not the pistol grip, one has open rifle sights and the other ghost ring sights I think but I don't see much else different looking at the associated web pages for each - what am I missing?

What's the difference between the Super Nova tactical and the Nova tactical aside from about $50 before the rebate?

I'm looking at the synthetic, 12GA 18" barrel, comfortech not the pistol grip, one has open rifle sights and the other ghost ring sights I think but I don't see much else different looking at the associated web pages for each - what am I missing?

The Nova tactical has screw-in chokes. Supernova tactical has fixed cylinder choke. That would be the desider for me.

The Nova tactical has screw-in chokes. Supernova tactical has fixed cylinder choke. That would be the desider for me.

You might want to double-check that. My very new Nova tac has a fixed choke.

The major difference, as I remember, is that the stock on the Super can be removed whereas the stock of the Nova is integral and can't be removed. Given the extreme cost of Benelli replacement stocks and the lack of any third-party options, I don't see that as a big factor - you should pick what you want carefully, since buying a replacement stock (or barrel) costs nearly as much as a whole new shotgun.

I believe the top of the receiver on the Super is also drilled and tapped for a rail - might be wrong about that.

You can get either rifle or ghost ring sights for either. My Nova tac has GRS.

Edited by JNewell

You might want to double-check that. My very new Nova tac has a fixed choke.

The major difference, as I remember, is that the stock on the Super can be removed whereas the stock of the Nova is integral and can't be removed. Given the extreme cost of Benelli replacement stocks and the lack of any third-party options, I don't see that as a big factor - you should pick what you want carefully, since buying a replacement stock (or barrel) costs nearly as much as a whole new shotgun.

I believe the top of the receiver on the Super is also drilled and tapped for a rail - might be wrong about that.

You can get either rifle or ghost ring sights for either. My Nova tac has GRS. It was $325 OTD after the rebate. It's almost a steal at that price, IMO.

That's sucks. That's new. The older models came with IM,mod,full