M4 Urbino Stock now available

Stompy

i dont see anything special about the urbino!!! i like my OEM c-stock, especially since its legal on my shorty now!! NO MORE 922 horsesh-t any more to worry about!!!!!!!!!:D SBS is the ONLY way to go.....;)

Yeah the c-stock is nice but Im not going to pay half of what I paid for my M4 to get one. The urbino also has an improved cheek riser over the c-stock. So now people with out the c-stock can have a nice cheek weld while using their expensive optics.

Mesa Tactical was also producing an improved cheek riser as a replacement for the oem c-stock riser, after a few Marines had their faces sliced up by the original c-stock riser. They have made a few prototypes of a "skeletonized" non colapsable stock that look really promising, but it never went into production.

SBS is sweet and I really want one, but but I would rather have more shells in the tube so I would have a funky looking SBS with an extended tube. Kind of defeats the purpose of an SBS.

So, it appears that the best features on here are the built in cheek riser, and the QD Sling Swivel at the bottom right? Forgive me for asking, but how much "shorter' is this stock from the standard model? I have a padded cheek riser on mine, and was originally considering this one for the Sling option. I believe GG&G has a different sling mount coming out for the M4, but havent checked in awhile. Anyone care to add to my dimestore synopsis and fill in the blanks? Thanks :)

This is from the catalog:

The Urbino Tactical stock, named after the city in northern Italy where Benelli Armi SpA is headquartered, is a fixed-length shotgun stock made in the USA from injection-molded glass-filled nylon. Developed to meet the needs of law enforcement and military operators, the rugged Urbino Tactical stock features a “tactical” 12½ inch length of pull (LoP), soft urethane rubber grip, optional Limbsaver® butt pad, optional adjustable cheek riser and a variety of flexible sling mounting options.The reduced LoP makes the Urbino the first truly tactical stock for the Benelli M4. A shorter stock is necessary for use in tactical applications, especially with body armor.

The Urbino Tactical stock is durable, easy to shoulder and will not slip. The Urbino Tactical stock is also comfortable, thus reducing operator fatigue, especially during prolonged training and qualification sessions. The urethane rubber grip is padded at the rear to reduce recoil impact against the web of the operator’s hand, and the optional Limbsaver buttpad substantially reduces felt recoil. The field-adjustable cheek riser was developed to provide superior cheek weld when using optics. The cheekpiece snaps onto rails molded into the sides of specially equipped Urbino stock armatures. In the event of optics failure, the cheek riser can be quickly removed or readjusted to a lower level. Specially-developed SureShell™ shotshell carriers can be fitted to the cheek riser (see page 16). While rail-equipped Urbino stocks can be used without the cheekpiece, cheek risers cannot be fitted to stocks that do not have the rails.

All Urbino Tactical stocks include Benelli-style rear sling loops for 1¼ inch sling webbing. In addition, a hole at the lower rear of the stock accepts QD style sling swivels (not included). Urbino Tactical stocks can also be fitted with any of a variety of optional steel pocket sling mounts similar to those offered for our Remington telescoping stock adapters. Pocket sling loops, hook loops and push-button sling swivel mounts that fit securely between the Urbino stock and the shotgun receiver are listed on page 25. Urbino Tactical stocks for the Benelli M4 are available in black or coyote color. Urbino Tactical stocks for the Remington platform will be available in autumn, 2010.

Part No Item MSRP

90070 Urbino Tactical Stock for Remington (Standard Buttpad, 12-GA) ........................................ 210.00

90080 Urbino Tactical Stock for Remington (Cheek Riser, Standard Buttpad, 12-GA) ............... 280.00

91540 Urbino Tactical Stock for Remington (Limbsaver, 12-GA) ........................................................ 235.00

91550 Urbino Tactical Stock for Remington (Cheek Riser, Limbsaver, 12-GA) ................................ 305.00

90050 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M1/M2 (Standard Buttpad, 12-GA) .................................. 225.00

90060 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M1/M2 (Cheek Riser, Standard Buttpad, 12-GA) ......... 295.00

91500 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M1/M2 (Limbsaver, 12-GA) .................................................. 250.00

91510 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M1/M2 (Cheek Riser, Limbsaver, 12-GA) ......................... 320.00

90030 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M4/M1014 (Standard Buttpad, 12-GA, Black) .............. 225.00

90040 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M4/M1014 (Cheek Riser, Standard Buttpad, 12-GA, Black) .......... 295.00

91460 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M4/M1014 (Limbsaver, 12-GA, Black) .............................. 250.00

91470 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M4/M1014 (Cheek Riser, Limbsaver, 12-GA, Black) ..... 320.00

90090 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M4/M1014 (Standard Buttpad, 12-GA, Coyote) .......... 235.00

90100 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M4/M1014 (Cheek Riser, Standard Buttpad, 12-GA, Coyote) ....... 305.00

91580 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M4/M1014 (Limbsaver, 12-GA, Coyote) .......................... 260.00

91590 Urbino Tactical Stock for Benelli M4/M1014 (Cheek Riser, Limbsaver, 12-GA, Coyote) .... 330.00

Edited by Stompy

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone try one of these yet? Does the 12.5" lop include the end of the recoil pad? I'm not leo and don't wear armor, and the 12.5: seems a bit short. I just need something around 13" or 13.5" because of my stocky build and short arms!

Would I be better off just shortening a factory standard stock? :confused: