Benelli M4 removal of Swing swivel plate on Stock

heckler&kochp2000

A post on another site says you take the trigger group out of the receiver and spin the stock off. I can't vouch for that since the M4 is obviously different from the M1. Here's the post:

Benelli M4 stock and trigger group removal tips and tricks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen at least one incorrect guidance for how to remove the stock on a Benelli M4 11707 (pistol grip full polymer stock), and once I did it myself and put it back, I learned a trick which is very important if you want to get your trigger group back in!

Sharing to help others avoid wasted time and frustration....

Removing the Benelli M4 / USMC M1014 stock

Friends, this was designed for the USMC for battle field use. No tools are required. IGNORE the advice to use a screwdriver on the buttplate... that's not the way to do it, unless you want to disassemble the stock itself for other reasons.

Disassemble the weapon, removing the front nut, barrel, bolt group, and trigger group. Once this is done, you can simply UNSCREW the stock from the receiver. That's right: grab the stock with one hand, grab the receiver with the other, and twist away.

The stock, through a clever internal screw arrangement, actually threads onto the recoil spring tube which is very tightly mounted to the receiver frame. All the stocks for the M4 / M1014 work this way: standard straight sporting stock, pistol grip full stock, and pistol grip skeletonized collapsible stocks. I think the collapsibles have a button you must keep depressed while trying to rotate them off.

Lefty loosy, righty tighty, looking from the butt end; that is, counterclockwise to remove, clockwise to tighten. It is difficult to get started the way it's tightened on at the factory, so don't give up; just torque harder until you get it started.

Replacing the stock and how you can make it impossible to replace your trigger group!

The tolerances on the M4 are very tight and precise. When you screw on the stock, get it to the right "tightness", and then be certain that the cavity in the pistol grip which accomodates the trigger group is in perfect alignment with the corresponding area on the receiver!

I neglected to pay close enough attention my first time out, and I was just a tiny, tad off. I could NOT for the life of me get that trigger group posterior "nub" or "tang" to seat in its little pocket in the receiver frame. The pistol grip rubber was interfering! Once I tweaked my positioning of the stock by giving it a little adjusting twise (a very small amount of change), voila, it dropped right back into place, no problem.

I guess we should expect this from a gun made to such close, precise tolerances.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Givin' back.

Cheers!

Be safe!

Edited by truckcop

• 8 months later...
A post on another site says you take the trigger group out of the receiver and spin the stock off. I can't vouch for that since the M4 is obviously different from the M1. Here's the post:

Benelli M4 stock and trigger group removal tips and tricks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen at least one incorrect guidance for how to remove the stock on a Benelli M4 11707 (pistol grip full polymer stock), and once I did it myself and put it back, I learned a trick which is very important if you want to get your trigger group back in!

Sharing to help others avoid wasted time and frustration....

Removing the Benelli M4 / USMC M1014 stock

Friends, this was designed for the USMC for battle field use. No tools are required. IGNORE the advice to use a screwdriver on the buttplate... that's not the way to do it, unless you want to disassemble the stock itself for other reasons.

Disassemble the weapon, removing the front nut, barrel, bolt group, and trigger group. Once this is done, you can simply UNSCREW the stock from the receiver. That's right: grab the stock with one hand, grab the receiver with the other, and twist away.

The stock, through a clever internal screw arrangement, actually threads onto the recoil spring tube which is very tightly mounted to the receiver frame. All the stocks for the M4 / M1014 work this way: standard straight sporting stock, pistol grip full stock, and pistol grip skeletonized collapsible stocks. I think the collapsibles have a button you must keep depressed while trying to rotate them off.

Lefty loosy, righty tighty, looking from the butt end; that is, counterclockwise to remove, clockwise to tighten. It is difficult to get started the way it's tightened on at the factory, so don't give up; just torque harder until you get it started.

Replacing the stock and how you can make it impossible to replace your trigger group!

The tolerances on the M4 are very tight and precise. When you screw on the stock, get it to the right "tightness", and then be certain that the cavity in the pistol grip which accomodates the trigger group is in perfect alignment with the corresponding area on the receiver!

I neglected to pay close enough attention my first time out, and I was just a tiny, tad off. I could NOT for the life of me get that trigger group posterior "nub" or "tang" to seat in its little pocket in the receiver frame. The pistol grip rubber was interfering! Once I tweaked my positioning of the stock by giving it a little adjusting twise (a very small amount of change), voila, it dropped right back into place, no problem.

I guess we should expect this from a gun made to such close, precise tolerances.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Givin' back.

Cheers!

Be safe!

Just wanted to say "thank you" for detailing the removal and installation of the stock. It's much appreciated! I'm a new Benelli owner and I don't want to muck things up. These forums are very helpful!

Cheers!