CA legal MR1?

menelson45

I was watching a product review of the R1 on youtube and the the reviewer mentioned that the buttstock was interchangable with (I think) the M2 shotgun stocks. So I'm wondering if 1: That is true and 2: Is that true with the MR1 as well. The reason being I'm a Californian for pity's sake!! We are dying for AR alternatives. We already own a mini-14 but frankly I find it somewhat lacking and outfitted with a ComfortTech stock I think the MR1 would be 100% CA conpliant so can it be done?

I was watching a product review of the R1 on youtube and the the reviewer mentioned that the buttstock was interchangable with (I think) the M2 shotgun stocks. So I'm wondering if 1: That is true and 2: Is that true with the MR1 as well. The reason being I'm a Californian for pity's sake!! We are dying for AR alternatives. We already own a mini-14 but frankly I find it somewhat lacking and outfitted with a ComfortTech stock I think the MR1 would be 100% CA conpliant so can it be done?

You will still need something to stop the mag from dropping. the stock looks fixed so that is no problem with either.

We are still allowed detachable magazine weapons here in CA, I have several. The definition of an "assault weapon" in the State of California is as follows (from CA DoJ):

Generic Characteristics Defining Assault Weapons:

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:

Rifles

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of

the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

(B) A thumbhole stock.

© A folding or telescoping stock.

(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

(E) A flash suppressor.

(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10

rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

this is in addition to the Roberti Roos act of 1989

We are still allowed detachable magazine weapons here in CA, I have several. The definition of an "assault weapon" in the State of California is as follows (from CA DoJ):

Generic Characteristics Defining Assault Weapons:

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:

Rifles

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of

the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

(B) A thumbhole stock.

© A folding or telescoping stock.

(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

(E) A flash suppressor.

(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10

rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

this is in addition to the Roberti Roos act of 1989

Ya I asm from california I understand most of the rules.

If your gun has a detchable mag it can not have any features. Pistol grip, flas hider,ect. If your gun has a fixed mag you can have all the features