Surefire stuff

ROCKETW19

I just placed a order for a

M80 = $180

X400 = $330

t107 = $120 (rail mounted switch for the X400)

I belive thoes are great deals no tax free shipping.

question is would you mount the X400 on the side of the surefire rail or bottom. I have a slight case of OCD where thing have to be even so if its on the side it will bother me but if its best there then so be it. If it makes lil difference I want to mount it on bottom.

Good price on the X400.

My issues with the m80 was where you are forced to mount the light. It doesn't leave a lot of room for hand placement. I'd buy an offset rail that would allow you to attach the light at the 1:30 or 10:30 position.

The problem with a bottom mount is how large the x400 is with that tail cap assembly is the overall size. Expect half o the rail to be consumed. You end up with an uncomfortable forearm.

Good price on the X400.

My issues with the m80 was where you are forced to mount the light. It doesn't leave a lot of room for hand placement. I'd buy an offset rail that would allow you to attach the light at the 1:30 or 10:30 position.

The problem with a bottom mount is how large the x400 is with that tail cap assembly is the overall size. Expect half o the rail to be consumed. You end up with an uncomfortable forearm.

Damnit I should of asked a few question before buying,lol.

I am a big person and i grab middle to end of fore grip thats not gonna work like you said.

I have an X400 and I love it. I was considering the M80 but decided against it because I wanted the use of the entire foregrip rather than letting the light take up most of it causing an uncomfortable situation. So I went with this...

http://www.botachtactical.com/kz3shra.html

The rail is long enough so the X400 won't be overhanging on either side. I mounted it to the mag tube with the light on the bottom. I went with the bottom because I don't like the light lighting up the sights. Placed underneath, the light doesn't light the sights. Plus, like you, I have to have things balanced, I can't stand when things are off centered and not symmetrical. I can flick my finger forward while my hand is in it's natural position and turn the light/laser on or off with the flick of a switch or I can press for a momentary light. The biggest problem I have with it is that I need a tool to take the gun apart. I might however change my setup after seeing that new side armor rail system though..

Great prices on the SureFire stuff!

I've got pics in my albums here (the M2 album) of the mount I used for my M2 entry and the X300. With the entry gun I was limited on space, and I wanted the forearm clear, so the light is off to the side, but centered with the bbl and tube. Doesn't light up the sights at all, and no bbl shadow.

I haven't tried this, but take a look at this offset mount.

628995.jpg

I have a similar item from YHM on my M-16 (for my SureFire X300) mounted on a 4-railed gas block, and it works great. It's a 1:00 position mount with a 45° rail. Moved the light up so it doesn't interfere with my grip on the forearm. Worth looking into it if you need to move the light up.

• 3 weeks later...
I just placed a order for a

M80 = $180

X400 = $330

t107 = $120 (rail mounted switch for the X400)

I belive thoes are great deals no tax free shipping.

question is would you mount the X400 on the side of the surefire rail or bottom. I have a slight case of OCD where thing have to be even so if its on the side it will bother me but if its best there then so be it. If it makes lil difference I want to mount it on bottom.

Hello Rocket,

Did you also purchase the Surefire X400 and the XT07 from New Frontier Armory, LLC? I did not want to email them until I was sure. Anyone specific I should ask for?

I was leaning towards the Streamlight TLR-2 for the M4 but did not like the remote switch as the Surefire's offers more features. With this pricing I could not pass up the offer.

Thanks

Hello Rocket,

Did you also purchase the Surefire X400 and the XT07 from New Frontier Armory, LLC? I did not want to email them until I was sure. Anyone specific I should ask for?

I was leaning towards the Streamlight TLR-2 for the M4 but did not like the remote switch as the Surefire's offers more features. With this pricing I could not pass up the offer.

Thanks

Yes sir I got all from them I dont remember who I talked to but I think this is their regular pricing? If not just mention that I just got my stuff there and you want the same.

Hello Rocket,

Thanks

Hey jng,

One thing I like about the Streamlight vs Surefire is that the remote plug is a 90 degree plug which makes for less extra wire sticking out (at least the way I have it mounted) see my pics in posts 27, 28 and 29 of this thread

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17597

The Surefire plug sticks straight out, so it creates a loop of wire that could possibly snag on things.

Later,

Hookster :)

Thank you Hookster about the info on the TLR-2. I have 2 questions for you if you will.

1. With the light and laser both on, will you be able to see the laser dot on a wall say 20 - 30 feet in front of you?

2. Will the remote trigger the laser only, or will it only trigger the light? Basically can you have Light only/Light and Laser/Laser only.

Thanks,

Josh

Thank you Hookster about the info on the TLR-2. I have 2 questions for you if you will.

1. With the light and laser both on, will you be able to see the laser dot on a wall say 20 - 30 feet in front of you?

2. Will the remote trigger the laser only, or will it only trigger the light? Basically can you have Light only/Light and Laser/Laser only.

Thanks,

Josh

1. yes. I am happy with my TRL2. with both on you can see the laser both in the dark and in daylight inside the house. At night with only the laser I can see it 2500 to 3000 feet away in the trees. in bright sunlight the laser is good for about 20 on its own.

2. I dont have the remote.

Thanks,

Josh

Hi Josh,

Yeah....no problem seeing the light and laser at same time at whatever distance

The TLR-2 has a small 3 position selector switch for laser only/light only/ light and laser, the pressure switch will activate whatever choice you have the selector switch set to.

Later,

Hey jng,

One thing I like about the Streamlight vs Surefire is that the remote plug is a 90 degree plug which makes for less extra wire sticking out (at least the way I have it mounted) see my pics in posts 27, 28 and 29 of this thread

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17597

The Surefire plug sticks straight out, so it creates a loop of wire that could possibly snag on things.

Later,

Yes very true the surefire switch comes straight out the back making the light longer than it needs to be. i will zip tie it down so it wont get snagged on something but still not a good design for a company like surefire. If the switch was bent at a 90 I could use X400 mounted at the bottom where i want it now i might have to mess with it?????

Is there a reason/benefit that most people have their lights on the forend and not the end of the bbl? Or is it just for ease of mounting? On both my M-16 and M2, I have the x300 mounted close to the end of the bbl, with remote switches where my hand rests (course, both guns are pretty short, so they are just ahead of the forend anyways). The weight is negligible to me, and it doesn’t light up the bbl/sights, nor cast a bbl shadow. Just wondering, since most setups I see here have the light on the forend.

Is there a reason/benefit that most people have their lights on the forend and not the end of the bbl? Or is it just for ease of mounting? On both my M-16 and M2, I have the x300 mounted close to the end of the bbl, with remote switches where my hand rests (course, both guns are pretty short, so they are just ahead of the forend anyways). The weight is negligible to me, and it doesn’t light up the bbl/sights, nor cast a bbl shadow. Just wondering, since most setups I see here have the light on the forend.

I have it there for looks but I also havnt even turned it on yet. waiting for Cstock tomorrow and kips tube when ever he ships it? then I am gonna do it all at 1 time and find what works best. but I like it on the forend best.