Nova and choke tubes?

Benelli4077

I just bought a benelli nova and I am very pleased with it. I want to buy a extended choke tube and was wondering wich one I should get. I have a 26" barrel, I shoot 3" Remington nitro steel #2 & #3. Shot from a duckblind over decoys at larg and small ducks. If anyone has any ideas I would be very greatful.

-Jacob

I just bought a benelli nova and I am very pleased with it. I want to buy a extended choke tube and was wondering wich one I should get. I have a 26" barrel, I shoot 3" Remington nitro steel #2 & #3. Shot from a duckblind over decoys at larg and small ducks. If anyone has any ideas I would be very greatful.

-Jacob

I carry two standard extended chokes, IC for decoying ducks 15-25 yds and Modified for anything else 15-40 yds and shoot 3" Win Xpert #2's for ducks and BB's in 3" and #2/BB's in 3-1/2" for geese. I shoot an HK SBE but will be switching to my new Vinci this coming season. Been doing it that way for 18 years now. My extended tubes are Carlson's and I use them for clays - upland - ducks/geese.

Edited by hattles

I have had excellent results, both on pattern paper and in the field, with Carlson extended chokes. I use them on a SBE, M1 Super 90, and on a Nova (bad weather gun). They are reasonable in price. If you lose one, it is no big deal. They seem to do well w/ BBs, 1s, and 2s. They like, lead (skeet, trap, and roosters), steel, and hevi-shot about equally. You can get more spendy but I am not sure what more it gets you. Lead 'em, keep the gun moving, and don't stop. You'll fold them. Benelli issue chokes work fine as well but they are NOT fun to change at -10 F in a lay out blind.