M2 vs. Cordoba

mwp1993

I'm in the market for a new semi-auto shotgun and i have been looking into an M2 or the Cordoba. I want to hunt a little bit of everything but at the same time do target shooting. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, Matt

It looks as though the choice is really between what you want to extend...the Cordoba has the extended choke tubes and ported barrel, but the M2 will allow you to add a magazine extension later.

I have the M2 and I'm extremely happy with it for deer/duck/goose/clay pigeon hunting.

well lets even add the super sport and SBE II because Benelli makes so many great guns, i cant choose which is best for me! this is driving me crazy

Haha I know how that goes...well I would look at it like this:

M2- 3" good field gun, does take a magazine extension.

Cordoba- M2 with extended chokes and ported barrel, no magazine extension.

Supersport- Cordoba with split receiver and it is polished/shiny

SBEII- M2 with split receiver and 3 1/2" chamber

So, I think you need to decide if you want a split receiver, a magazine extension, 3 1/2" shells, extended choke tubes, porting.

As an aside what kind of hunting are you planning on doing?

mostly waterfowl but also a bit of everything, but like i said before i would also like to be able to target shoot. I've been all over other forums, and i've heard some horror stories about the SBE II not cycling light target loads, but at the same time i've heard people have no problems with it. I mean i guess it would be nice to have the 3 1/2in for waterfowl, but i dont know if its worth the price and possible aggravation of it.

mostly waterfowl but also a bit of everything, but like i said before i would also like to be able to target shoot. I've been all over other forums, and i've heard some horror stories about the SBE II not cycling light target loads, but at the same time i've heard people have no problems with it. I mean i guess it would be nice to have the 3 1/2in for waterfowl, but i dont know if its worth the price and possible aggravation of it.

The 3 1/2" thing was the deciding factor for me when I was weighing the M2 and SBE2. I just dont know that I would ever need to use it so I opted to save some money.

As far as it not cycling target loads the only one I have seen has shot target loads just fine. And really I don't think you are taking much different of a risk with the SBE2 vs another gun. Until you get to the Vinci I think the ID system is the same for each gun with the possible exception of the spring being a little stiffer for the SBE2.

No matter what you choose I dont think it will be a bad gun...then again I guess that is the root of your problem :p

well in your first reply you said that you owned an M2 and that you used it for deer/duck/goose/clays, and if you haven't had a problem i guess i wont either haha!! thanks a ton, you single handedly help me in choosing the gun for me and that is a task in itself haha. Im gonna get the M2! thanks again!

I'm in the market for a new semi-auto shotgun and i have been looking into an M2 or the Cordoba. I want to hunt a little bit of everything but at the same time do target shooting. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, Matt

All great guns...how much are you willing to spend on what you like? Cordoba's aren't the least expensive but a great gun just as the M2 is. Have you considered the SBEII or the Vinci? Wood or synthetic? Such a tough decision to have to make? Yeah right!

Good luck!

I've also been looking at those as well, to be honest i am also thinking of getting a pump just to save money, like a supernova or nova pump

You can't beat the nova line. There great guns. But if you can swing the money, I would go for an auto. I've been looking real hard at the m2 american.