SBE bolt rattle

djknyork

I have a left handed SBE and have cleaned it many times before, but never took the bolt apart, just took it out. I just got done cleaning it and noticed a very noticable rattle that I don't recall hearing before.

Have any of you noticed this?

I lost my manual to disassemble the bolt is it difficult?

Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

That is a normal sound. It is the bolt head sliding back and forth. Funny how paranoia can work on a guys mind..Mike

I know that my HK SBE has a solid sound to it's bolt rattle while the bolt sound of my Vinci is very solid and a rattle sound is non-existance.

My guess is that you're hearing the inertia spring moving around inside the bolt. When the bolt/locking head are in battery, the locking head presses against the inertia spring, keeping it from moving around. When the bolt is out-of-battery, or out of the gun, the locking head is no longer pressing against the spring, allowing it to move freely.

My guess is that you're hearing the inertia spring moving around inside the bolt. When the bolt/locking head are in battery, the locking head presses against the inertia spring, keeping it from moving around. When the bolt is out-of-battery, or out of the gun, the locking head is no longer pressing against the spring, allowing it to move freely.

Dead on...............