Shotgun Magazine

Tinsel

I would like to have a magazine for my Benelli shotgun, but I want to know if it is possible to use a magazine from a different manufacturer because I might have trouble getting a magazine that is made by Benelli. I called a place or two and received some conflicting information, so I thought that I would ask here.

Keep in mind that this is my first gun and my training has consisted of a one day instruction where I had to learn everything about restricted and non restricted guns.

When I looked at my super black eagle II shotgun it appears to me that it might be possible to use a magazine since it loads shells from the bottom. I wondered why I can't use a shotgun magazine on it.

So that is my inquiry to you people who probably have much more experience.

I do have a couple more questions that I can leave for new threads.

I was looking for a maximum capacity of five shells since the laws where I live do not allow for more than that for a non restricted setup. Now I can search for a compatible magazine but I just don't know if it is even possible in the first place, with this shotgun.

When I looked at my super black eagle II shotgun it appears to me that it might be possible to use a magazine since it loads shells from the bottom. I wondered why I can't use a shotgun magazine on it.

I was looking for a maximum capacity of five shells since the laws where I live do not allow for more than that for a non restricted setup. Now I can search for a compatible magazine but I just don't know if it is even possible in the first place, with this shotgun.

I think you are talking about something other than what we thought you were talking about...

The SBEII already has a magazine. It is a tube that runs forward of the receiver under the handguard. You can make this tube longer and thus be able to fit more shells.

However if by "magazine" you mean a detachable box like the AR or AK then no, you should go with a different shotgun if that is what you are looking for.

Yeah, that is what I wanted clarified, thanks. They offered two sizes of barrels. I took the shorter barrel. I should be able to acquire the longer barrel, but I didn't know that I could get a longer horizontal magazine (now that I know that there is no vertical magazine extension).

I'll check into it now that I know what I am looking for. One thing that I did notice is that I could only put two 3.5 inch shells into the shotgun rather than 3 (having one shell in the chamber). I wasn't sure if that was because I had the smaller sized barrel. I should have took the longer barrel. Anyway, I can afford to get whatever I need. It is by no means hopeless although it isn't that easy to get just anything around here I'm sure.

One thing that I did notice is that I could only put two 3.5 inch shells into the shotgun rather than 3 (having one shell in the chamber).

That is because you have a plug in the gun to make it hunting legal. If you take off the barrel and take the snap ring out of the end of the magazine (careful its springloaded) there should be a plastic plug in there you can remove.

Okay, that coincides with the instruction booklet which said that you can load three shells that are 3 1/2 inches. When I put shells in I could only put two 3 1/2 shells into the gun so it did raise a question about the magazine size. If I can get three shells in there, than I'm happy with the magazine size now, although I might look into it some more now that I know that there is a larger magazine available. If I leave the plug in there and just load 3 inch shells, maybe it will take three of them and I can leave the plug alone. At any rate, that is great information, thanks.

• 1 month later...
That is because you have a plug in the gun to make it hunting legal. If you take off the barrel and take the snap ring out of the end of the magazine (careful its springloaded) there should be a plastic plug in there you can remove.

This is true. I did take out the plug and it gives me an extra shell and is that spring ever dangerous! I'm better off being aware that it is located there (that spring). We are allowed to have five rounds here in Canada. In the USA they limit you to three, but than I've seen ads for guns that shoot twelve rounds, so what the heck. Anyway, I wish that it would hold five shells instead of four.