marcbmw

hello everybody,,

i own a Benelli crio the first generation not the second one,,

i guess it's E.U only you can check it on www.benelli.it

it has the crio chokes but only comes with 2 chokes

*** and *****

i want to purchase the * choke

but then i noticed that the crio chokes are different

like the M2 crio chokes they have like half an inch of smooth surface then the threadings but on my crio chokes the choke from top starts directly with the threadings,,

are the crio chokes cross compatible or i should specificaly order the same chokes that i have or could i order the crio plus chokes(i think they are called crio plus)

thanks for any help

Marc,

As you know, Beretta owns Benelli and Benelli used the Beretta Optima design as their first Crio choke. As you noticed, the threads are located at the muzzle end with a long (compared to the Beretta Mobilchoke/Benelli Standard choke) conical section in the barrel. Then, Beretta/Benelli changed their version of the Crio to the Beretta Optima Plus/Benelli Crio with the threads located about 1/2 inch down from the muzzle.

If you are looking for chokes, take a look at http://www.blackborechokes.com and you may see something you like. I have not started manufacturing the Optima Plus/later Crio choke just yet.

GTPSC (Mark)

hello everybody,,

i own a Benelli crio the first generation not the second one,,

i guess it's E.U only you can check it on www.benelli.it

it has the crio chokes but only comes with 2 chokes

*** and *****

i want to purchase the * choke

but then i noticed that the crio chokes are different

like the M2 crio chokes they have like half an inch of smooth surface then the threadings but on my crio chokes the choke from top starts directly with the threadings,,

are the crio chokes cross compatible or i should specificaly order the same chokes that i have or could i order the crio plus chokes(i think they are called crio plus)

thanks for any help

A Crio choke is a Crio choke, the only differences are if they are flush with the barrel or extended past the barrel.

That said, I buy my extended chokes through Carlson's Chokes and have for years. They work great and are as reasonably priced as anything available.

http://www.choketube.com/crio-plus.html

If the threads are at the very end of the choke, I would say it is a standard choke, not a Crio, even though it is considered an early crio barrel. Have you called customer service?

Edited by hattles

@GTPSC thank you very much so there is a difference between the crio chokes the early ones and the crio plus,,

@HATTLES i am pretty sure mine are crio chokes because they are much longer than my normal benelli chokes and engraved on them is criochokes so i am sure they are,,