Holywood

Tinsel

In the movies they seem to be able to shoot automatic guns fairly easily, but in real life, are they that easy to handle? I mean in the movies they do a lot of the shooting one handed or with an automatic in each hand. I'm not so sure that it is that easy to shoot them in real life. What do you think?

Not even close. The recoil wants to pull the muzzle up and it's a struggle to keep it in one direction. Which is why the 3 round burst came into play, it saves ammo and it makes the shooter more accurate. But a lot of this also depends on the gun you're shooting and your experience.

Hollywood is a joke, but it also depends on which gun you're shooting. My Sterling is controllable one-handed, and with the stock out (i.e. shouldered) you can keep it on target all day doing full mag dumps (but it’s just a special gun J ). My MAC M-10 is on the total opposite end of the spectrum! One-handed, it's a bullet hose. Your first round might hit close, but the rest are all over the place (mostly high J ). With the stock and silencer, it helps a lot, but still it's not easy to control. The M-16 is in the middle, but still is really only effective doing bursts. I can hold it down and get a decent area group, but you're wasting a lot of ammo (and with anything full auto, that gets expensive quick!)

Movie silencers are even worse J. They allow you to shoot without hearing protection, but even my .22 with subsonics isn't whisper quiet like the movies.

Hollywood is a joke, but it also depends on which gun you're shooting. My Sterling is controllable one-handed, and with the stock out (i.e. shouldered) you can keep it on target all day doing full mag dumps (but it’s just a special gun J ). My MAC M-10 is on the total opposite end of the spectrum! One-handed, it's a bullet hose. Your first round might hit close, but the rest are all over the place (mostly high J ). With the stock and silencer, it helps a lot, but still it's not easy to control. The M-16 is in the middle, but still is really only effective doing bursts. I can hold it down and get a decent area group, but you're wasting a lot of ammo (and with anything full auto, that gets expensive quick!)

Movie silencers are even worse J. They allow you to shoot without hearing protection, but even my .22 with subsonics isn't whisper quiet like the movies.

Have you seen these uppers for your Mac?

http://www.max-11.com/

Have you seen these uppers for your Mac?

http://www.max-11.com/

Seen and heard allot about those (all very good). But I really got my MAC for what it is (and the silencer) cheap and small. I'm not shooting subgun matches, so I'm not trying to make it into "poor-mans Uzi" (if I wanted that, I would have just got an Uzi :) ).

But I am interested in this http://practicalpage.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=66 . I've got a .22 conversion for my M-16, and it's a hoot on full auto (and cheap!) :)

Seen and heard allot about those (all very good). But I really got my MAC for what it is (and the silencer) cheap and small. I'm not shooting subgun matches, so I'm not trying to make it into "poor-mans Uzi" (if I wanted that, I would have just got an Uzi :) ).

But I am interested in this http://practicalpage.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=66 . I've got a .22 conversion for my M-16, and it's a hoot on full auto (and cheap!) :)

full auto 22 would be a blast and you could go hollywood and use 1 hand.

full auto 22 would be a blast and you could go hollywood and use 1 hand.

Guess I should also mention that, obviously, caliber makes a diff :) My M-10 is a .45, but I haven't shot a M-10 9mm (and just don't see the need to get a 9mm conversion kit just yet). The Sterling is 9mm and it's very controllable, but it's also a much better designed gun (from its simplicity to the mags) compared to the MAC.

Hey Skeeter, did you get your MAC yet??? Try a one-handed mag dump and get back to us :)

Guess I should also mention that, obviously, caliber makes a diff :) My M-10 is a .45, but I haven't shot a M-10 9mm (and just don't see the need to get a 9mm conversion kit just yet). The Sterling is 9mm and it's very controllable, but it's also a much better designed gun (from its simplicity to the mags) compared to the MAC.

Hey Skeeter, did you get your MAC yet??? Try a one-handed mag dump and get back to us :)

one handed would never work. I am stronger than most and I couldnt even do it with a 9mm. the 9mm with the fake silnecer was easy to control dumping 32 rounds in seconds is just pure fun. I always wanted to try the 380