Additional shims to drop Vinci stock lower than shim C

Fr8shakr03

Hello,

I am new to Benelli and just purchased the Vinci. I have been patterning the gun and I need to drop my pattern a bit more. I currently use shim C DX. This equates to 15mm lower than the stock Z DX shim at the heel. Does anyone know if there are aftermarket shims that will allow for more drop? I saw Brownells has shim D at 64mm but the shim C is already 65mm. So at this point I am lead to believe there is not a fatter shim.

Additionally I know I could always increase the size of the front bead to force my aim a bit down, but would prefer not to. I also thought about doubling up shims, but then they become to fat and the screw on barrel does not allow for that much change.

Any thoughts ? Perhaps I am should just get use to putting the bead just below my target as supposedly Italians and Trap shooters prefer....so that they can see the bird or clay.

Please pass along your ideas and or experiences.

All your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket shims that will allow for more drop?

Additionally I know I could always increase the size of the front bead to force my aim a bit down, but would prefer not to. I also thought about doubling up shims, but then they become to fat and the screw on barrel does not allow for that much change.

Any thoughts ? Perhaps I am should just get use to putting the bead just below my target as supposedly Italians and Trap shooters prefer....so that they can see the bird or clay.

Well if you were willing to look outside the gun world and perhaps do a small amount of custom work something like the following could work:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#shims-and-shim-stock/=8mxdej

I'm thinking either the shim stock or the slotted shims would work out if you put some of these on the top in addition to the thickest shim.

I wouldn't be as interested in increasing the front bead size as I would be in raising the bead height. Something like a rifle sight in front would be another option.

Getting used to the "new" sighting might be the easiest option as far as gun hardware goes, but it may be the hardest mental option...

Welcome to the forum :)