SBE Inertia Spring

Marlo

Even if you dont have the time or materials to remove the nut, you can just use a hair dryer to dry it out and then squirt some oil in the hole in the tube. Just a note: you're working on the recoil spring, the inertia spring is inside the bolt.

[ 11-06-2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: wallhanger54 ]

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering why the the recoil spring nut is glued down. Everything else is very easy to take apart and clean. Why not use a set screw on the nut, or the like, unstead of glue. I was told that the amount of heat needed, to free the nut, will take temper out of recoil spring. I try to flush mine out with kerosine and then oil it. I get alot of build up in that tube. I shoot a SBE I. smile.gif

Mudhen, I assume you did this yourself. If so did you heat it with a small propane torch and was the recoil spring alright when you were done? My gun is only 2 years old so nut I think is hex but it is like a half nut, not much to get ahold of. Do you have any problem with the new nut loosening up?

• 3 weeks later...

mudhen, I went to Wolff gun spring internet site but I could not find springs for SBE just super 90 series. What am I missing. Also I was wondering did you believe that benelli springs were weakening on you after a couple years of heavy use?

rdn

"No problem with the spring afterwards, but I replace all Benelli springs with Woffe springs after 2-3 seasons anyway."

mudhen - CA [/QB]

Originally posted by rdn:

mudhen, I went to Wolff gun spring internet site but I could not find springs for SBE just super 90 series. What am I missing. Also I was wondering did you believe that benelli springs were weakening on you after a couple years of heavy use?

rdn

"No problem with the spring afterwards, but I replace all Benelli springs with Woffe springs after 2-3 seasons anyway."

mudhen - CA

[/QB]

Brownells has them.

• 4 weeks later...

I need to change the drop shim and stock locking plate in my new SBE. In the owners manual it shows how to do it and it mentions removing the stock retaining nut as part of the process. Is this the nut you are talking about? In the instructions telling how to change the shim it says " the replacement procedure is very easy" and makes no mention of having to heat anything. This is going to piss me off if I have to be heating things and screwing around just to adjust the stock drop so I can shoot it.

Please, someone confirm if the stock retaining nut is the one that has the locktite on it-------I hope not!

• 2 years later...