whats the best aftermarket choke??

bigkuntry72

I believe it is not a matter of which one is best, that is like argueing politics because everybody has an opinion, but which aftermarket choke do "YOU" like best.

I use Carlson's extended chokes because they're reasonably priced and easy to change. I also feel the factory chokes are excellant. That is my experience and my preferances.

I will say stay away from the "poly choke".

I have used Kick's chokes before(HK-SBE) but didn't really care for the sound and felt they didn't make any difference over the factory chokes. I gave them away, but I also got a great deal on them.

Edited by hattles

You may want to look at rhino choke tubes. I along with all of my friends shoot his waterfowl and turkey tubes. His tukey tubes are the best. In my opinion. They range from 75.00-110.00 but well worth it. just picked up three new ones 2 for my vinci in SKII and one in LM for waterfowl and LM for my buddy's 870 Good luck. rhinocokes.com

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty I have used just about every after market choke they make for the SBE2 and I really don't think that any of them did anything the factory chokes wont do, except for my spreader choke(skeet) and my extra full turkey choke, anything in between can be accomplished with the five factory chokes.

In all honesty I have used just about every after market choke they make for the SBE2 and I really don't think that any of them did anything the factory chokes wont do, except for my spreader choke(skeet) and my extra full turkey choke, anything in between can be accomplished with the five factory chokes.

I have to agree with you. I do use Carlson's extended chokes for three reasons only.

1. easy to change

2. choke variety

3. quality for the money

IMHO the choke you choose isn't as important as the firearm/choke tube/ammo combination. With a particular choke tube in your gun a black cloud #3 may shoot perfectly while a Heavy Steel #2 may be erratic. I personally have a Kicks tube in my SBE II and have found 3 or 4 choices of ammo that I know pattern nicely out of that combination.

• 3 weeks later...