Is the nova right for me? new to hunting

veener88

Well first off I am new to hunting in a way. I have help are hunters track and find places for deer over the years on are land, but only allowed bow. I do know how to gut them. Well they got troupy buck happy and they they do not go after the does. Witch is getting me mad because I have not had a 1/2 deer in the freezer for a while. So I am looking to take up hunting now. This year I just rescued a lab. On are land since we have a pond and creak that joins to a major water way.

So that gives me geese, duck, and deer all in my back yard. When I went to my local dealer the said to get the Nova in black with the 3.5". What I am wondering is this right for me? I would like to keep the cost down because of being new. If this gun is right what should I buy with it to make it better or just for care of it?

Thanks for any help,

[ 07-06-2004, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: veener88 ]

Veener 88; You can't go wrong with a Nova. If you don't feel it is the right one in a year or two, sell it and find a model (such as semi-auto, or whatever) which you should try until it doesn't serve your interests any more. You won't regret owning a Benelli.....which reminds me; I haven't hugged mine yet today!...Mule

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that it was right for that type of use most of all. Sicne I have never owned a gun I am glad to hear they are good. I am sorry but I do not allways trust the sales guys.

[ 07-06-2004, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: veener88 ]

I think Mule gave you a good response. I've had a Nova for a few years now. I shoot quail up to Tundra swans in birds. I've also shot deer with it. It gives you a reliable, versatile shotgun for most situations. I also skeet shoot some with it. You can cycle 2 3/4 shells or 3 1/2 shells. I'd also suggest you get a camo gun, easier to keep clean and helps you stay hidden.