M4 Ammo Question(s)

shugz

Does the "reduced recoil" 00 buck, or rifled slugs with RR have a negative effect on the cycling? Does it jam or slow down the rate of fire? Please share your experience/expertise. Thanks!

specifically: FEDERAL TACTICAL 00 BUCKSHOT # LE13200 LOW RECOIL

FEDERAL TACTICAL SLUGS # LE127RS LOW RECOIL

Edited by shugz
add info

That's a good question!! DAMMIT, now I'll have to do that tryout too won't I!?

I have some Federal 1200fps slugs I was gonna try tomorrow if weather holds out. I was actually gonna do some slug tryouts and post pics.

FWIW, the *ONLY* ammo that has failed to cycle through my M4 is ESTATE 2.75" promotional target loads, and that was only within the first 100 rounds. Since then, I have only had ONE round of the same cause malfunction in the 1200 rounds or so fired through mine since May. I document pretty much every_single_shell that is fired through my gun!

I'll do my best to respond quickly or create my own post w/ pics.

Regards!

2-wheel

I've tried them all. IMO the reduced recoil isn't worth it in an M4. They cycle fine without a problem. But they do seem a bit slower, not that it really matters. I would lean towards the reduced recoil in a pump HD gun but the M4 is smooth enough to not need it. I'm sticking with standard OO buck.