First line of defense....

Super33

There's not a dog alive that's bullet-proof, knife-proof, or bludgeon-proof. The most you can ever hope for out of any dog is for the dog to buy you a little time so you can seize the initiative. To think otherwise is just downright foolish. "My (insert 'badass' dog breed here) is the most awesome sort of protection dog there is" is a cherished delusion of many.

A genuine sociopath will take that dog out so fast it will make your head spin.

I suggest you keep your HD weapons at the ready and use the dog strictly as a meatshield. If you have to 'bust out' your HD then you're on the wrong end of the torque curve.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

There's not a dog alive that's bullet-proof, knife-proof, or bludgeon-proof. The most you can ever hope for out of any dog is for the dog to buy you a little time so you can seize the initiative. To think otherwise is just downright foolish. "My (insert 'badass' dog breed here) is the most awesome sort of protection dog there is" is a cherished delusion of many.

I suggest you keep your HD weapons at the ready and use the dog strictly as a meatshield. If you have to 'bust out' your HD then you're on the wrong end of the torque curve.

That's common sense, this is supposed to be a fun thread Dr. Spock...:cool: Anybody can shoot a dog :eek:. But as the post is titled...."First line of defense". I never expect my dog to be a hero, that's for sure. If I did, I wouldn't be armed now would I?

That's common sense, this is supposed to be a fun thread Dr. Spock...:cool: Anybody can shoot a dog :eek:. But as the post is titled...."First line of defense". I never expect my dog to be a hero, that's for sure. If I did, I wouldn't be armed now would I?

Your 'first line of *defense*' is subject to being breached in under a second. lol

Here's a thought: get another dog to work with that one and double the length of time your 'first line of *defense*' remains viable.

FWIW I rely on protection dogs myself, but I comprehend their limitations. And yes, I DO expect my dog to be a 'hero' by charging into the fight at WOT without any hesitation, and I fully appreciate the consequences.

From my perspective a dog which is a component to one's home defense is strictly a buffer.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Your 'first line of *defense*' is subject to being breached in under a second. lol

Here's a thought: get another dog to work with that one and double the length of time your 'first line of *defense*' remains viable.

FWIW I rely on protection dogs myself, but I comprehend their limitations. And yes, I DO expect my dog to be a 'hero' by charging into the fight at WOT without any hesitation, and I fully appreciate the consequences.

What are you a robot? Instead of your computer generated analysis why don't you post some pictures of your dogs? :cool: Or post a funny sign like those other fellas.. :)

From my perspective a dog which is a component to one's home defense is strictly a buffer.

F that my dog is like my kid I want her to bark and that is it. i will do the rest. If someone has to take the pain in my house it will be me not my dog or my kids the wife ya maybe but no one else,lol.

F that my dog is like my kid I want her to bark and that is it. i will do the rest. If someone has to take the pain in my house it will be me not my dog or my kids the wife ya maybe but no one else,lol.

Post a pic of your wife then..... :D

Seriously though my dog sleeps in my room and is alert to strange noises and what not like most other dogs, if there's any suspicion in the night hours it's not my dog checking the house and I'd like to keep it that way. He stays behind where my family is.

Post a pic of your wife then..... :D

Seriously though my dog sleeps in my room and is alert to strange noises and what not like most other dogs, if there's any suspicion in the night hours it's not my dog checking the house and I'd like to keep it that way. He stays behind where my family is.

Ya I have a pit she looks mean and barks mean but realy just wants you to pet her,lol

she will bark if something is up and that is all I need her to do.

Pictures of my wife would be a mistake cuz she would pistol whip me when I am sleeping,lol

8.png?t=1283992584

I love my pitbull, but I didn't get him to protect me (he's not that brave anyways :) ) I only need him to wake me up if there's trouble. I’ll gladly take care of an intruder myself (the dog is spoiled and sleeps in the bed). Now if I had a cat, my first line of defense would be to throw the cat at the intruder (they always land claws out :) )

I have 14 lines of defense.

Chambered round in my G-21, and the following 13 in the magazine.

:) lezzz see, that's 230gr X 14 = 3220gr of lead

Then a Surefire w/ 160 lumens.

Then a six-pack of Guinness to calm the nerves afterward.

So 3220gr X 160 lumens divided by 6-pack = Happy to Survive!

Someone please step in if my math is off!

That's one thing my dog is good at, he has a fierce, snarling, deep, ripping bark when somebody's outside or when somebody knocks on the door. He usually scares the crap out of people but when I let that person in the tail starts wagging and he's all hugs and kisses. Not exactly sure what he'd do if somebody he doesn't know just walked in the house, nobody tried it yet.

That's one thing my dog is good at, he has a fierce, snarling, deep, ripping bark when somebody's outside or when somebody knocks on the door. He usually scares the crap out of people but when I let that person in the tail starts wagging and he's all hugs and kisses. Not exactly sure what he'd do if somebody he doesn't know just walked in the house, nobody tried it yet.

here is the key. when you let them in. dogs can sence your acceptance.

I have 14 lines of defense.

Chambered round in my G-21, and the following 13 in the magazine.

:) lezzz see, that's 230gr X 14 = 3220gr of lead

Then a Surefire w/ 160 lumens.

Then a six-pack of Guinness to calm the nerves afterward.

So 3220gr X 160 lumens divided by 6-pack = Happy to Survive!

Someone please step in if my math is off!

wow, someone in madison isnt an anti gun liberal! nice to see. (im from Wi too)

This is the view from my front porch. Took this the last time some lunatic tried to come mess with my family. As you can see, he didn't get far before becoming caught up in the first line of defense. Benelli never even came off Safe.

razor-wire-maze--large-msg-11731472066.jpg

What the heck is going on there Phil? It looks like you have a rabid sumo wrestler in a chainlink and concertina wire cage that you unleash upon evildoers.....

Hookster :D