First line of defense....

Super33

I can't stand obnoxious needy dogs, so no dog for me. **** that.

The place I am moving into is on the 4th floor (top floor) of a secure building in the nicest part of a somewhat large city ... and my bedroom is in a loft only accessible by a spiral staircase from my living room, which you have to travel down a hallway to get to ... and I can see the hallway from the balcony of my loft 15 feet in the air. I'm essentially on my own private 5th floor, which only I have access to.

If you're breaking down my soon to be reinforced door, you're going to wake up a light sleeper such as myself. If you're trying to breach my loft by coming up my spiral staircase, you're going to get a lead shower while you're stuck in a narrow spiral area.

Really, unless there are multiple threats or they are heavily armored, someone would need a decent supply of grenades to lob up to my position in order to hit me before I could hit them ... and even then, the walls of my building are 100 years old (stone building) and the property manager claims 16 inches thick ... I could dive into my closet and avoid the fragments pretty well.

If all else fails, I'm biting a KaBar in my teeth, slinging my rifle and climbing pirate style out my skylight to make my final stand on the rooftop. I'd be vulnerable to snipers from other rooftops ... but seeing as how my building is the tallest around and the actual roof is 3 feet or so below the decorative exterior "walls", I'd have pretty damn good cover.

The odds of any of this happening? About 0.0000000001%. The odds of someone trying to mug me while walking to my car, parking or doing something late at night? Significantly higher.

If I ever have to engage someone, I can just about 100% guarantee it will be with my Glock 19, not my Benelli m4.

Honestly, I don't even know why I still have an M4. I really just own one on principle at this point. I know it's a fantastic weapons system and I greatly enjoy the pride of ownership ... even if I have no real actual purpose or usage plan for the weapon, even in hypothetical, extremely unlikely scenarios. Eh, whatever. I suppose I could hold worse investments. :D

My welfare exploiting drunk neighbors are mine. They are outside drinking 24/7.

I am polite to them and they like me for being polite to them while others outwardly judge them.

Everyone who cases the place would know that they will see ANYTHING that goes on.

If that fails, my P226/357.

The selection I underlined above is such an easy and PRICELESS ally to have!!! I'm not saying it's always easy though. Even arresting somebody, be polite/professional. Another day, month that person may have the choice of helping you in a jam, giving some great credible info or being a witness to discredit a B.S. internal affairs claim! OR. . .they can turn their back and allow you to suffer. In short, it's called kharma.

Unobtanium. . . you practice and speak wise words! :)

Im not worried at all. I got this guy in my local neighborhood watch group and he eats pit bull bacon and doberman sausage for breakfast..

chuck.jpg

Talking about overkill!!! You would be doing the burglars a favor if you rigged an Atom Bomb to explode when the alarm is tripped. You better watch it, I'd hate to see the field day the bad guy's lawyer will have in court when the jury sees your extreme crime preventative measures. Why not just conjure up a demon straight from the pits of ****? That would be more humane!

Before my benelli comes into play, a perpetrator will have to punch through my defenses. I have a feeling I'll never need the M4 but it's still a good thing to have. What defenses do you have before you bust out the Benelli?

Here's mine...

Gosh what beautiful dog!!!!! I love pitbulls :) Too bad I can't have one in my apartment or I would! But that's when my pistol comes into play lol....

Gosh what beautiful dog!!!!! I love pitbulls :) Too bad I can't have one in my apartment or I would! But that's when my pistol comes into play lol....

Thanks! Here's another pic..

IMAG0169.jpg

I have about 50,000 pics of him. I'm trying to train him to hold my shotgun for that perfect photo.

No Dog for me. I live in a Secure building on the 4th floor. My condo has 3 points of entry where I can see you coming before you see me. Only thing that can get in here is a Ninja, or super zombie. And even then: I have weapons stashed at strategic points to cover 2 of those points at all times to fight my way to the next ammo dump/weapon. When the Zombies finally come.........I can kill about 1000 then jump off the balcony to the city below using their corpses as cushion.

You sure you can hold that thing straight? look's like you're gonna fall backwards.

I got a .45 as well. True Peace maker.

She can shoot the heck out of that STI !! The first time I took her she shooting it took her about 25rds to shoot the 10ring out at 15 yards:eek: :confused:

Then I realized It must have been her teacher!!!

Well this little guy is our Tibetian Mastiff.. these are older pictures I bet he's about 40lbs heavier. I think He's 160lbs now and He can jump a 5ft fence and he's a lot faster then you would think. he's about 5'10" standing on his back legs.

winston3.jpg

with his baby.

DSC01288.jpg

Thats a great picture. A big giant fluffy pillow that will bite you ass if you mess with the Lil sleeper.

Ha, you had better luck than I did. My last Girl was shell shocked from her first clip out of mine. I forced her to shoot another 80 rounds to get the poison out. Broken nail, bleeding hand and all. ha ha.

I have a SA Fully Loaded 1911. I guess its both my first and last line of defense depending on how fast I can get to my other weapons.

well When I teach a Pistol class I'll give the First time Female shooters Ear Muffs It really helps the "Shell Shock" effect. I have a pair that I use with my Socom when I shoot it Indoors and it sounds like a .22 to me and I have guys just about crapping them self 2and 3 stalls down!! :)