Cut Down Barrel - Choke Tubes?

Noahfn

I'm considering having my 26" M2 barrel cut down. Is there anybody out there that will re-thread a shortened barrel for Benelli Crio chokes?

I would suggest a proffessional like Carlson's Chokes do the cut down and re-install.

Carlson's The Shooter's Choice

720 South Second Street - PO Box 162 - Atwood - Kansas 67730

PHONE: 785.626.3700 FAX: 785.626.3999

http://www.choketube.com/instal.html

Unfortunately Carlsons wouldn't be able to do the Crio chokes. This is the e-mail response I received form them:

Dear Noah:

We're sorry, we would not be able to install the Crio Plus threads back

into your barrel. If your outside barrel diameter is large enough, we

can install the Tru Choke threads.

Thanks for checking with us.

Customer Service

Carlson's Choke Tubes

I thought there was an issue with the chrome-lined barrels - like the plating chips or something similar? I could be mistaken.

If it isn't a problem, I would HIGHLY recommend Mike Orlen in Amherst, MA. He did an 870 barrel for me recently. He did the work the same day he received the barrel and shipped it back the next day. The work was very reasonably priced and was better than the factory job in terms of fit and flush.

I received a response from Briley. It sounds like they might be able to do it, but it doesn't sound very positive.

Noah,

It depends on the barrel diameter. Sometime we can and sometime we can not.

Regards,

Mike Guigliano

Manager - Gunsmith Division

Briley Manufacturing Inc.

I thought there was an issue with the chrome-lined barrels - like the plating chips or something similar? I could be mistaken.

If it isn't a problem, I would HIGHLY recommend Mike Orlen in Amherst, MA. He did an 870 barrel for me recently. He did the work the same day he received the barrel and shipped it back the next day. The work was very reasonably priced and was better than the factory job in terms of fit and flush.

I've heard Mike's name mentioned before and I sent him and e-mail. All I received in response was a price list and the list doesn't say anything about Benelli chokes. I sent him another e-mail and haven't received a response.

Do you know if he can thread for Benelli choke tubes?