Snow Goose Hunting

Brif

I'm looking to purchase a new shotgun for snow goose hunting. I have narrowed it down to the vinci and the SBE II. Do I really need the 3 1/2" gun or would I be fine with the 3" gun. I really like the vinci; being able to save a few bucks is nice as well. If I would be better served with the SBE II, I don't have a problem going that route either initially. Just don't wanna purchase a vinci and after one hunt feel I need the 3 1/2" gun.

i went through the same dilema. many people told me the 3 1/2 inch shell is the answer to a nonexistant problem. if you cant hit it with a 3 than you shouldnt be shootin at it. i got the vinci and love it! but my opinion is which ever gun fits you better and your more comfortable with. both are great guns.

Me to i love my Vinci but it had the best fit for me.

I now shoot a Vinci but I still have an HK SBE 3-1/2# to fall back on if need be. I really haven't shot the big shells in years but do remember the last time I did was duck hunting in N California with Snow geese passing over occasionally. I kept some 3-1/2 #2's handy and picked off a limit with them. The interchangeability was nice, If they're decoying well or you pick your shots you should get by with a 3" Vinci no problem. Of course the money you save on a Vinci could be spent on "heavy" 3" shells to make the difference.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest joni45dephi

Any gun can hunt a goose some of the things are important. Only experience will teach you to read a goose's mind as they approach a spread, contemplating if they want to join this flock of fakes or not, but there are some signs to look for in a goose's actions that will help you guess right more often than wrong if you should take that 40 yard shot, or wait for the 30 yard shot that is about to happen. There are also other things to consider besides just how close that goose is, when deciding to shoot or not to shoot.

just picked up a Stoeger 2000 HD syn. stock

going to break it in over in South Decota this week on a pheasent hunt.

know nota about the gun other than its a semi-auto

real nice triger, great site, cornfield camo,

put five thru her, great patterns with the different chokes,

any of you guys carry one of these?