Quick Cleaning of SBE/SBEII Guide for Dummies

tucker301

Something I've been meaning to do for some time.

Here's a reference guide for the disassembly, cleaning, and re-assembly of the SBE/SBEII shotguns.

It's not perfect, but hopefully it will help with the never-ending flood of newbie gun owners who come here looking for their backsides with their baseball mitt :D

[/url]Click Here

Edited by tucker301

Any info on removing and cleaning the recoil spring in the tube in the stock. I had read somewhere on this forum to remove the heavy shipping grease from the spring. I got the stock off and saw the two flats on the threaded tube cap but was unable to remove from the recoil tube with moderate force. I didnt want to force it and am not really sure how necessary it is to get at that spring---it shouldnt really get dirty in there. Nowhere in the Benelli manual does it mention cleaning the spring/tube.

My SBEII had no heavy shipping grease on the recoil tube.

The earlier SBE models have loctite on the threads, and a little heat in the right place will help quite a bit.

The newer models use a nylon washer and heat should not be used.

Check your parts manual.

If you have the nylon washer style, you'll just need to apply a little more pressure.

I clamped my receiver in a padded vise and used an adjustable wrench, giving some firm taps on the wrench handle with a light hammer.

tucker,,Very good extra credit work for our more challenged pupils,,,more gold stars by your name,,,your now at the head of the class,,,might just let you lead everyone to the lunch room,,,extra recess for you too,, :cool:

[ 09-30-2006, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Tucker,

I'm considering purchasing an M2. I've only owned O/U's and SxS's so this would be my first automatic. Cleaning a "break open" shotgun is very easy, and of course they will shoot even if they are rarely cleaned.

How would cleaning the M2 compare to your SBE Guide for Dummies ? Are the parts and components for the guns basically the same?

Thanks,

Ike

Originally posted by tucker301:

Something I've been meaning to do for some time.

Here's a reference guide for the disassembly, cleaning, and re-assembly of the SBE/SBEII shotguns.

It's not perfect, but hopefully it will help with the never-ending flood of newbie gun owners who come here looking for their backsides with their baseball mitt :D

PDF File (307k)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...