R-1 Poor Review

Palladin

I have been thinking about buying an R-1 with comfort tech for some time now. So when a popular outdoor sports store sent me an e-mail about their gun sale, I went right to the R-1 (not on sale). But the surprising part was that there was only one review of the R-1, and it was not good. I copied the review in its entirety. Would anyone be upset if I posted it here because I would really like to read an knowledgeable response to the poor review.

Gun and outdoor magazine reviews are essentially worthless, as the "articles" are no more than advertisements in poor disguise.

Check forums like this one, 24 hour campfire, etc. for real reviews from real people.

If you want a quality semi-automatic hunting rifle with guaranteed accuracy, consider the FNAR line.

Heaven save us another "expert" who belives all writers are paid hacks where as the "experts" on some forum who have never had a word published, nor done 1/10 the shooting and hunting as guys like Boddington have, are somehow more credible. You love the FN, well fine, it's a club just like the BAR and just great if all you want to do is shoot off a rest.

Think you're on the wrong site.

Don't recall putting "expert" behind my name as you do. But reasonably sure I have done a lot more "gun related stuff" than you ever will.

Now stop being a troll... stick with the Ops premise or zip it up.

The OP's premise was that the only end-user review he had seen was negative, and he wondered if that was representative or an outlier. He did so on a public, specialty, forum, thereby requesting "public" (end-user) input.

Alllso... the gun mag links you posted all carry several hundred thousand $$ in Benelli/Beretta Holdings advertising dollars. This is referred to as "inherent bias." Evaluating inherent bias is part of my profession, so I do have some valid insight, regarding the issue.

I'm new. I can also be an A88 at times, but I generally don't pick peter fights with folks having 300% more posts/input than I have. Significantly more maturity, it would also appear, in context...

I feel like I'm getting between an unhappily married couple but I did want to say those reviews were great. I do think they are bias to a point but most reviews I have read will point out weak points as well. The second one was good reading. Encouraging. I only stop by here once or twice a month to see if anything new is out and about. I own an argo el (european version r1). It's nice to read good reviews. Thanks Nightforce. Now stop fighting uze two.icon12.gif

Sorry but I am so tired of the azzholes who have never written a book, had an article published or really done nothing compared to the men & women who write for the Gun Magazines. To slander them is easy when you are hiding behind a keyboard but I am 100% sure none of these "experts" experiences could not hold a candle to the Guys and Gals who write for Rifle, Bugle, Guns & Ammo, Handloader and Successful Hunter (just to name a few). Tell us about your Marco Polo sheep, your African, Indian, New Zeland, South American and even Alaskan hunts......

Please provide names, dates, photos, who was your guide or PH,

and of course be sure your R1 is in the photo with you and the trophy.

I'm not holding my breath........

Edited by nightforce

WTF does spending big money on exotic hunts have to do with anything at all?

I have no desire to go to Africa or anywhere else, when I have the best hunting in the world at my fingertips in the US.

And if these writers are so great and so experienced, why do they need a guide? Do they know what they're doing or not?

Your problem, or at least one of them, is that you're a delusional SCI fanboy of some sort. A product of too much tv and too little time afield.

Here's a picture of two American hardwoods sheep.

That's Harpo on the left and Chico on the right. :D

That thing standing up is a dog.

XJrVP.jpg

Did it mess up your little Bowtie when you hit them? LAFFIN

What kind of feeder did you use to bait them ? LAFFIN MORE

Let us know when you get your Dall Sheep, Brown Bear, Cape Buffalo (need I go on) without a guide or PH

HOWLIN!

Can we see your "trophy room" so we can compare it with Boddington's FALLIN ON THE FLOOR!

I don't need any African farm animals like sheeps and cows, and a brown bear is just too damned big and nasty to mess with.

I'm not a big fan of trophies, but I do like some sous vide duck deer burger.

I'm not too surprised that you spend some time on the floor. It's not much of a stretch for someone who's on his knees that much to begin with. :p

I came to here for help with my ARGO 300wsm. I got many good resposes. These suck you guys... Yeah tucker is a bit cocky we all know it but geez. Yeah 5 shots.... we know. Tuck you have helped me in trying to figure out this gun and why it is jamming. Thank you. Nightforce, get over it. You have a point, but it pushes others away from the reason why we are here. I guess i'm getting off the point here but we all should conduct ourselves better, both here and out there in the woods. Funny out here in lib land california, i actually try to help people instead of puttin my nose up to the flatlanders out there in their gaunder mountain gear. It's coming. The libs will get you too. Introduce a kid or adult to hunting and shooting. I'm scared here in cali because we push more away by the way we act. Who cares who is right as long as you can sift throught the bull to make your own decision.