Best patterning chokes in your M1 for buckshot?

Rezarf

So, as I have read reviews and opinions on this here interweb, I would like to hear what has yielded good groups with buckshot in your Benelli M1 S90?

Any specific chokes models, with any specific ammo would be much abliged... it seems overwhelming to get started in finding a good combo. I am trying to get decent patterns out to around 20-25 yards.

Thanks in advance-

Rezarf, you might take a look at my chokes at http://www.blackborechokes.com. I know a few here have ordered the tactical chokes and have had good luck with them. One of our LEO members, Mike Grasso, did a favorable review sometime back with one of my tactical prototypes.

My recommendation is to do your home work and try one or two to see which works best. Also, be sure to try different manufacturers of ammo as every gun has a favorite combination, but you have to work at finding it!

Your gun takes the same type choke as the M4 and other Benelli's. You didn't say what you will use the gun for (sporting, hunting, tactical) or the distances involved.

Good luck!

GTPSC

BalckBore Chokes

Rezarf, you might take a look at my chokes at www.blackborechokes.com. I know a few here have ordered the tactical chokes and have had good luck with them. One of our LEO members, Mike Grasso, did a favorable review sometime back with one of my tactical prototypes.

My recommendation is to do your home work and try one or two to see which works best. Also, be sure to try different manufacturers of ammo as every gun has a favorite combination, but you have to work at finding it!

Your gun takes the same type choke as the M4 and other Benelli's. You didn't say what you will use the gun for (sporting, hunting, tactical) or the distances involved.

Good luck!

GTPSC

BalckBore Chokes

Thanks bud, I did mention I'd like to use 00 out to 20-25 yards. I'd like to use it for defensive purposes mostly.

For 00 buck at that distance, you might look at the BlackBore Tactical HD in Mid-Range (MR) or Extended Range (ER). It will keep those pellets in tight and give consistent patterns at distance.

I don't recommend using the flight control-type Federal loads as the blades in the ports tear this type of wad all to pieces and patterns suffer. The reason for this is that the Fed FC loads retain the pellets until a ways from the barrel. They do usually give good patterns in most guns I have found.

The BlackBore choke, in essence, does the same thing by "releasing" the pellets from a standard 4-petal wad just as they leave the barrel. This prevents the wad from "blowing" through the shot column as the shot leaves the barrel. Fliers are eliminated. You will get great performance using regular type ammo and will save the difference in cost!

GTPSC