Aluminum vs. Stainless Steel Follower?

kronik

In a Benelli M4? Arguments for one vs. the other?

The only thing I've really read is in regard to the 870 and the hardness being high enough with SS to cause wear. I would of course prefer the durability of SS and since they're the same price, I'm wondering which to get.

I too wondered about this. I got the aluminum one just because I did not want to take a chance on excessive wear. I don't have any proof that it would cause excessive wear but I figured aluminum is softer that steel and replacing the follower if/when it wears out is cheaper than replacing the mag tube. JMHO.

An al follower has less mass therefore less inertia, making for a quicker action over a ss follower.

Technically yes, but unless the the difference was huge I think the inertia of that stack of shells the follower is pushing would matter much more, and after all the number crunching the difference would be maybe 1ms.

Unless you need a US made one for some parts count ******** the factory one is fine.

Agreed, unless you are going for 922r or you are having problems with your follower I don't think a new follower is going to help any performance-wise.

The **** with 922r, there's really nothing wrong with replacing the stock plastic follower with the aluminum one from Brownells just cuz. In fact it actually makes sense because the Brownell's aluminum one is almost 1/2 the length of the stock plastic one. Gives you a little more room to make sure you get that last shell in there.;) I have replaced mine and have zero issues.:cool:

Caveat: This mod may not be cody6.0 approved.

Gives you a little more room to make sure you get that last shell in there.I have replaced mine and have zero issues.

Caveat: This mod may not be cody6.0 approved.

I could care less what you or anyone for that matter does to there M4 and with that being said I still can't remember having issues getting 7 in the tube.:)

Oh really? You posted 4 times in a thread you claim to care nothing about?:confused: I guess you just have nothing better to do.:rolleyes:

Listen ******* you can quit trying to instigate **** or post somwhere else as my posts in here have not one damn thing to do with someones choice of what "they" do.

Good day and piss off.

Listen ******* you can quit trying to instigate **** or post somwhere else as my posts in here have not one damn thing to do with someones choice of what "they" do.

Good day and piss off.

Oh cody6.0, you are such a brute..........are you sure you don't wanna be my friend?primp.gifpplease.gif

You mean statements like this?:rolleyes:

Or when you thought you were Johhny Cool guy and had to make it sound like I was doing more than contemplating what the factory follower was made from. Me saying I don't care what someone does to there gun isn't stupid as last I checked we can do as we please.

In short you can put any spin on this you want but it all just boils down to you thinking you're something you obviously aren't.;)